Any information on 6th generation Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Any information on 6th generation Camaro

Do we know anything "definitive" about the next generation? I'm liking what I see in the 14's and may not want to wait. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 06:24 PM

Camarog6.com. The refresh 2014 are barely hitting the dealers so no 6 th gens anytime soon.

post #3 of 18 Old 07-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Yes... it is going to be after the 5th Generation.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

post #4 of 18 Old 07-26-2013, 07:53 AM

it will be after two more years of the Camaro production of the fifth gen type body as far as I have heard so it looks like 2016 model year.

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #5 of 18 Old 07-26-2013, 05:00 PM

Definitive - The next generation Camaro is going to switch to the Lansing Delta plant. This plant builds cars on the Alpha platform, meaning they will not be building a Zeta platform vehicle next to an Alpha car.

Definitive - CAW says they're going to need a replacement vehicle in Oshawa by late 2015, early 2016.

Deduction - If CAW says they'll need a replacement vehicle in Oshawa by 2016, that theoretically could mean that we'll see the next generation Camaro by 2016.

- Brian Meissen
Owner, MiFBody.com
Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
2012 Camaro LFX M6 - Clifford
post #6 of 18 Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I thought we already knew that the 6th Gen Camaro was coming out as a 2016 model. Here's a couple of pics of the Bumblebee concept created for the Transformers 4 movie coming out next year...could this be a peek at the 6th Gen Camaro? Any thoughts?

post #7 of 18 Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Premium Member

I kind of like that. Wish there was a pic of her tail. Can't stand the '14's
post #8 of 18 Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I thought we already knew that the 6th Gen Camaro was coming out as a 2016 model. Here's a couple of pics of the Bumblebee concept created for the Transformers 4 movie coming out next year...could this be a peek at the 6th Gen Camaro? Any thoughts?

That's clearly just a fifth gen with a nose job...
post #9 of 18 Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 AM

The tail on this car is a refresh 5th.No way a. 6 th gen. Purely a movie prop that's all. Ugly one too

post #10 of 18 Old 07-27-2013, 09:59 AM

I'm not sure why everyone is linking the TF4 Bumblebee car to the 6th gen. The TF4 car is most obviously inspired by the 2014 Camaro than anything else. The futuristic look in my opinion is only due to the direction the TF4 movies are going in. Take a good look at what Optimus Prime looks like for the 4th movie.

We really know nothing about the 6th gen Camaro except that you can bet it will have an LT1 from the C7 under the hood and probably the 7 spd transmission as well. There have not been any official concept cars or sketches released, nor any camouflaged 6th gens running around GM testing grounds. At least not that we know of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page