My LLT RX Performance Top mount SC - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
My LLT RX Performance Top mount SC

Well, RX Performance has been hard at work getting my 2011 Camaro LLT/V6 the first ever top mount supercharger systems. Since this is the first of it's kind, there's a few tid bits that will need refining as we go along. The car is running well and sounds great.

I won't have any numbers until the Dimsport tune is rolled out in a few weeks, then we'll see the potential of this SC!

The stock hood will not work with the TSC. I'm using a COPO style hood with a 4" cowl and clearance is so close it's not funny. I am working with RX on a solution to give me some more clearance, stay tuned.

Last edited by REPR; 08-19-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member

It looks good. Especially the intake. Def one of a kind. What kind of numbers are you expecting (boost, hp, tq, etc) ? Are you driving it without a tune?

A couple things tho, why is it soo tall in the engine bay? Also, is that an M112 Eaton blower?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Way to research the shop there buddy. GL is right.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #4 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
It looks good. Especially the intake. Def one of a kind. What kind of numbers are you expecting (boost, hp, tq, etc) ? Are you driving it without a tune?

A couple things tho, why is it soo tall in the engine bay? Also, is that an M112 Eaton blower?
No numbers yet, waiting on proper tune. It sits that high because there's a heat exchanger below the head unit. This is by there design. It's a Eaton TVS 1320.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Way to research the shop there buddy. GL is right.
I did see all the negative reviews and comments and made "MY" decision to go with RX based on what I personally know of them. Like they said, "it's True, I saw it on the Internet! " Of course people seems to think it is.

If it turns out bad, no one to blame but myself, right!

post #5 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPR View Post
I did see all the negative reviews and comments and made "MY" decision to go with RX based on what I personally know of them. Like they said, "it's True, I saw it on the Internet! " Of course people seems to think it is.

If it turns out bad, no one to blame but myself, right!
As far as RX is concerned, here is a story:

Back some years ago I was doing a build for my Mustang. I was building a 4.6 .020 bored with Patriot stage 2 heads, Comp stage 2 cams, all forged internals with 9.0:1 compression for high boost. I was looking for shops in or close to NJ. I saw a review on a forum about Crazy Horse racing and it was basically a horror story. I thought the same thing you said...that it might just be internet BS, and everyone has a story, and this guy is lying, and I'll take my chances, and all that. So like an idiot I went and dropped my car off with all my parts and guess what...

Well to be short I ended up losing TWO of my 95mm MAF sensors at his shop. They just "disappeared". The car sat there for 2 months. The first couple weeks he said he was busy working on other vehicles. Another week he couldn't do the install because he didn't have tools to install the cams. So he had to ship my engine to a machine shop for the cams. That took 2 more weeks. Then he got it back and his mechanic was out. Then they finally got to work on the engine install. They had trouble getting the engine into the bay, they put the wrong timing cover on, they never bolted the exhaust up to the headers, they shredded my AC lines, they broke my heater core, my clock spring in the steering wheel was broken, they forget my throttle spring in the shop, they never put the plugs in the heads, they ripped my crankshaft position sensor, and they didn't mount the engine onto the motor mounts properly.

So THEN guess what happened. I bolted the exhaust up and fixed the crank position sensor. I had no idea about the other crap they pulled at the time, including the missing plugs on the heads. So I primed the engine and started it only to find out a couple minutes later that oil was pouring out the back of the engine...the plugs would have stopped that. By the time I shut the engine off the damage was done. The bearings were all fried. So the engine lasted about 6 weeks before the internal oil leak became severe. And since I had a blower on the car I decided not to take a chance in damaging the rest of the engine AND the Vortech. So that engine came out and is now in engine heaven.

Sorry for the long story. But it just goes to show you that you're asking for trouble when you don't take heed of warnings. And when it comes to engines, it can cost you a LOT of money and time. That engine costed me about $4,000 not including the install. ANd after the fact, EVERY shop I went to and EVERY gear head I talked to told me something bad about Crazy Horse. Nobody had anything nice to say about that guy...his name is Chris Winters BTW.

So you can take a chance. I personally hope that your car will be one of the ones with a good ending. Good luck, keep us all posted.

But I don't think you should be driving that around without a proper dyno tune. Just some advice. Are you at least keeping an eye on your AFR and timing?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #6 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I wish you the best of luck with your build but I think you made a big mistake letting Tracy experiment on your car. I also think that the tune you are waiting on is NOT just a few weeks out...that's just what you were told...so you'd better figure out what you're going to do without one. Hopefully you're getting a discount for allowing an unproven system to be installed...but I'm guessing that isn't the case either.

Since you're well aware of the shops reputation and chose to ignore it...I don't see this ending well...but like I said I really hope it does. Please keep us posted...there's nothing I like better than hearing about a happy ending!!
post #7 of 45 Old 07-27-2013, 08:28 PM

I hope your build goes great. That supercharger looks sweet I would love to see that sticking out of a stock hood.

Faster than a speeding ticket, Comp.621/.624 235/251 113, ls3 conversion, 660 platinum spring, Comp trunion rocker upgrade, Katech C5R timing chain, Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes with cats, Yank 3600 stall, Elite catch can, K&N 63 series cai, 160* thermostat, window tint, Rockford Fosgate sub. Magniflow resonated X, muffler delete.
post #8 of 45 Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 AM

Sounds like Chris Winters of Crazy Horse should be in Jail or either beat with a baseball bat.
post #9 of 45 Old 07-28-2013, 08:58 AM

I thought RX had a decent rep, aren't they one of the ones who offer the ported TB and Intake manifold?
post #10 of 45 Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam Marro View Post
I thought RX had a decent rep, aren't they one of the ones who offer the ported TB and Intake manifold?
/facepalm

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page