Trying to find my old 2010 SS in South Central PA area - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Trying to find my old 2010 SS in South Central PA area

I'm in the process of trying to locate my old 2010 Camaro SS/RS that I was forced to sell 5 months ago due to finances at the time. The car was Imperial Blue Metallic w/ Silver Stripes and Titanium Gray interior, and it was sold in the York/Red Lion, PA area in July. I am the original owner of the car and have missed this car greatly since the day I had to let it go, I attempted to buy it back from the dealer it was for sale at a month ago but was told someone had already placed a deposit on purchasing the car and that I had no chance at buying the car back unless the person backed out in which while I hoped, they did not. I'm trying to track the car down so I can hopefully buy it back from the current owner.

May sound crazy to all of you but this specific car was my baby from the time I purchased it til the time I had to let it go and there's just a personal value to me that you can't replace with any other car.

I don't expect that this will help me find the car much but leaving the possibility that someone may know and who might be able to connect me to the current owner may see this post. May not be likely but worth the shot to me. Thanks!

Last edited by PhoenixZL1; 08-13-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-13-2013, 08:00 PM

Garage
just a guess, I don't know much about it but what if you used the vin number and called up a car fax on it , would that help locate it?

2SS..IO Interior M6 Black Rally Stripes Borla Mufflers Diablo Tuned 20% Tints Vararam ram air, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Long tubes with high flow cats Granetelli cross drilled and slotted rotors BBK 95mm Throttle body Eibach coil overs, BMR Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links Bravado 20" Rims with Eagle F1 305/35/20 in the Rear and 275/35/20 front
post #3 of 6 Old 08-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej0127 View Post
just a guess, I don't know much about it but what if you used the vin number and called up a car fax on it , would that help locate it?
Yea a carfax would tell you where it is or at least get you close. I know what it's like to have an attachment to a vehicle. I hope you find it. You might end up paying a bit more to get it back...and it might be better to just find another one. But if it's worth it to you then go ahead. Just be sure that your finances are in good enough condition to get your car or another one. Since all this happened merely 5 months ago, don't go jumping into something just to have the same thing happen all over again. Another thing you could do is ask the dealer to contact the buyer. I'm sure they can't give you his info, but maybe they can contact him for you and give him your info. And maybe they can arrange a sale on behalf of you two to transfer the car over to you if the buyer so desires. Give it a shot. Good luck!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 6 Old 08-14-2013, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

A Carfax would tell me the town the car is registered in possibly but not much else. I am all set with finances to buy it back at this point. I would just find another car but I'm not interested in any old used car and I'm having a lot of problems finding as nice of a car as the one I sold in the used market. Could be that I knew just what I put into my old car and how well I always took care of it. The colors on the new ones don't catch my interest at all even when I try to like them, and the 2014 design catches my interest even less than that. I wish I could say the dealer that sold it would help me in my quest but I know they really don't give a crap but to have earned someone's buck. They had no interest in helping me at all then and just wanted to to try & sell me other cars on their lot. The above is why I decided to go this route of trying to find the car, and I will try every avenue I can and hope it turns out for the best.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixZL1 View Post
A Carfax would tell me the town the car is registered in possibly but not much else. I am all set with finances to buy it back at this point. I would just find another car but I'm not interested in any old used car and I'm having a lot of problems finding as nice of a car as the one I sold in the used market. Could be that I knew just what I put into my old car and how well I always took care of it. The colors on the new ones don't catch my interest at all even when I try to like them, and the 2014 design catches my interest even less than that. I wish I could say the dealer that sold it would help me in my quest but I know they really don't give a crap but to have earned someone's buck. They had no interest in helping me at all then and just wanted to to try & sell me other cars on their lot. The above is why I decided to go this route of trying to find the car, and I will try every avenue I can and hope it turns out for the best.
Well I advise you to be cautious. I don't know how I would feel if the previous owner of my car tracked me down. The dealer might want some money in exchange for helping you, but the owner might be a bit more comfortable working it out that way instead of if you just showed up at his door.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #6 of 6 Old 08-16-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

I don't expect to walk up to the guys door or anything but just get to talk to the guy via email or phone or something if the opportunity presents it's self that the guy or someone who knows the guy sees this post.

Just can't figure out why I can't find a 5th gen listed for sale that I'm happy enough to be seriously interested in it. Each 2010-2012 Imperial Blue Camaro SS I've found has had at least one or two negatives about it that I just can't look past to want to buy it.

Even crazier is that my wife misses the car almost as much as I do. We bought the car about the time when we first got married & I guess it grew an irreplaceable sentimental value to us due to that and it becoming a staple in our lives as we started to take that journey through life together. It's just a car but it's like something makes it a little more than just that for us.

Last edited by PhoenixZL1; 08-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page