New member with questions - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

New member with questions

Hello all.i have been subscribed here for awhile now, but never really posted anything. A few months ago I purchased a new 20132lt rs with a stick shift and performance exhaust.
I have had a few electric glitches since purchase, all of which have gone now. The driver window, driving off the lot decided that when I went to raise it, it would go all the way up them all the way back down again. This happened for about 5 mins. Then just fixed itself. The HUD one day started slowly fading away, then completely out. Then a few minutes later it would come back. Happened only the one day. The other problem I encountered was the fan speed display getting stuck on a number on th display. The speed would change. But the display wouldn't.
That covers electronics. The only other concern I have is that the car doesn't get anywhere near the combined mpg claimed. I drive fairly conservatively and at best th combined mpg has been 21 mpg. I have 5,000 miles on the car and e dealer said it would get better. It hasn't noticeably. I know another guy in the area who bought the automatic version of my car who is getting 30mpg combined.
Shoud I be concerned or just suck it up?
All of that said, I love love love this car. It's amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry to hear of the problems and glad they "worked out". It is very hard to stay mad at these cars...every time I turn the key my "grin" comes back even if I was angry for some dumb reason.

Miles per gallon on these cars are not important to me but yes others care a lot about it, but I did not buy mine for the MPG, but the S(miles) per gallon!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #3 of 5 Old 08-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Bully Proof

Garage
I would at least discuss the electrical issues with my dealer (service writer) even though they seem to have resolved because the things you described are not normal. And I only get 14.9 mpg...but I drive it like I stole it...lol. If you drive more city miles than highway miles your mpg isn't going to be as high or perhaps you aren't driving as conservatively as you think you are.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 AM

Garage
With regards to your window issue. It is not normal, but does happen... If it happens again you can re-position the glass by following the steps below.

METHOD 1: (Use this plan!!!)
1-A. Open the car door which needs to have the window adjusted. Turn the ignition to the run mode. Do one door at a time !!!

1-B. In the door jam, release the harness from the door (with a medium screwdriver, pull up the release tab, pull off w/ the palm of your hand, and pull the harness off the door for a minimum of 60 seconds (this is very important as the memory will be lost).

1-C. Reconnect the door harness and lock the tab back down. Close your car door.

1-D. The DIC will ask you to lower your door glass.

1-E KEEP YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON FOR 4 TO 5 SECONDS ONCE THE GLASS IS DOWN. ROTATE YOUR FINGER TO THE UP POSITION AND HOLD FOR 4 SECONDS ONCE WINDOW IS AT THE TOP.

OTHER FUNCTIONS MAY APPEAR IN YOUR DIC BEFORE YOU ARE ASKED TO PROGRAM THE WINDOWS. This is normal

Window is now reprogrammed, Repeat to the other door glass.

However, sometimes the door glass regulator does not always relearn on the first attempt. If when you open the door and the door glass does not drop down to the open door position, your window regulator did not relearn or re-normalize...in which case, you are going to need to drop the glass back down, unplug the harness and try again. Yes, it can be picky sometimes and not want to work on the first time.

If Step 1 did not work, you may attempt this method. Also, if you made glass positioning adjustments, this might also be a fix.

METHOD 2:

2-A. Access the under hood fuse box and remove fuse # 26. Wait one minute and reinstall fuse. Close your hood.

2-B. Get inside car. Close both doors. Start the engine and follow the instructions on the DIC (DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER).

2-C. The DIC should instruct you to run the window down and up on both sides.

2-D. Verify that both windows have express up functions and no DIC message exists. If the DIC does not instruct you to operate the window to re-normalize, do the following.

2-E. With a 2nd person helping, pull the fuse while the window is in the downward motion.

2-F. The window will stop. Release the window switch.

2-G. Reinstall the fuse and go back to step 2-B.

Thanks to Tag UR IT over on Camaro5!

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012
post #5 of 5 Old 08-15-2013, 01:25 PM

We're glad to hear that the glitches are behind you, Sdlevy. If anything should ever come up, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Sarah (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page