A sandy boning from dealership - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

A sandy boning from dealership

Well, for starters my dealership was pretty much good to me. But, they received my veterans plate and registration a week ago, no phone call. Apparently there were new car taxes they did not calculate for my resident state and they just took care of it and are now billing me the said amount. Ok, I'm fine with that, my issue is with the handling of the matter. Why no phone call when they had to pay close to a grand for taxes? Why no phone call when the plate actually came in? I feel I should have been notified as SOON as it was known I owed tax money. Here is the kicker for me, I only found this out because I called yesterday about my temp tag being almost expired and having not received my registration at my other address. It really bites my in the ass because most people, myself included, can't "just come up with a grand" in any type of short order. My my beloved Barron sits static.

2013 2SS/RS with the flappy paddle crap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
You don't owe them squat.

If it wasn't on the Purchase Agreement, it's THEIR problem. NOT yours.

I had a similar situation and told the dealership they could have the car back. They decided it was their problem and took care of it.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7
post #3 of 11 Old 08-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

I tend to agree with intimidat3r ... I bought my car in SC and had it registered in VA ... no issues. I think they overestimated by 42 dollars so I just added a little more and got it registered for 2 yrs instead on 1. Only issue I can see is if you never told them you were in another state, but it doesn't sound like that happened ... as for the plates, I think a lot of dealers do that, they are idiots on that front

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 11 Old 08-15-2013, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
You don't owe them squat.

If it wasn't on the Purchase Agreement, it's THEIR problem. NOT yours.

I had a similar situation and told the dealership they could have the car back. They decided it was their problem and took care of it.
I understand what you are saying, but when it really comes down to it, I would have had to pay it in the first place. At this point it's really a karma thing. I Could I have shafted them with the bill, but in all reality it was MY taxes and I owed said tax, so why not pay it. I know for a fact if I had stiffed them with the bill something really stupid was going to happen to me. But that's just how I work. Any way, after actually collecting on some money I loaned out, I managed to pull the rest out of my *** and get my plate. I did how ever give the gm a earful in tactful Marine Corps fashion.

post #5 of 11 Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Did you give him the old Corps Knife hands too?

2011 LS Coupe/RS clone
Oracle halo's, Katzkin covers, C.A.I. CAI, Hurst shift kit
Modern Camaro MOTM February 2015
post #6 of 11 Old 08-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Veteran Member

What really sucks is if they would have calculated the tax correctly up front, you could have had it rolled into your payments. A grand spread over 5 years is only about 17 dollars a month including interest. Now you are stuck with a lump sum.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #7 of 11 Old 08-17-2013, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcso617 View Post
Did you give him the old Corps Knife hands too?
No, unfortunately I did not. Civilians get really nervous and upset when you start waving your hands around and pointing at them when they know your prior military. I have herd this from sevral civilians in the past, so i rely on voice inflection and tone. It was kinda rewarding though to tell off a 50year old GM who thought his **** didn't stink. In the end I got a extra year of service, I think it was the fact I told him that I would network with my military friends and put a severely bad name on the place about how they treat veterans and there lack of attention to detail. He ask how so and I replyed, "if you can't even get your paperwork together for registrations or even make a phone call to update the cutomer, how is that supposed to make me feel about the quality of anything that goes on in this particular dealership? A quiet and very agrivated look fell on upon his face as be relized I just back him into a corner. Obviously that wasnt the whole conversation, but, Mission accomplished.

Last edited by Towlie; 08-17-2013 at 04:22 AM.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Premium Member

Garage
outstanding, I've been out over 20 years and I still catch myself.

2011 LS Coupe/RS clone
Oracle halo's, Katzkin covers, C.A.I. CAI, Hurst shift kit
Modern Camaro MOTM February 2015
post #9 of 11 Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member

Towlie and hcso617, thank you both for your service.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
post #10 of 11 Old 08-18-2013, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Cycam1, you are very welcome my fellow MC junkie ;-)! HCS0617, it really is frustrating the lack of accountability and how pist off people get when you actually call them on their shenanigans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page