Window sticker - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-15-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
2012 TF3 Manual

Window sticker

Looking to see if anyone know how to get the factory window sticker re-produced. I would like to also have the build sheet if possible. The original dealer that sold my car took it back in trade then I bought it. I have contacted them and requested they reproduce it. I was told there is no kind of confirmation, he said they send their request in and if its ok they receive the window sticker in the mail up to three weeks later. If it is not ok they receive a letter in the mail stating it cannot be reproduced. Does this sound correct? I am also being told you have to ask the original selling dealer, no other can do it is this correct? Sorry for all the questions just new to the process thank for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member

It's on that other Camaro site, but here's some information that might help. You didn't specify the year, but if you have a 77-2010 Camaro, this can help.

Need a duplicate Camaro window sticker (for 1977-2010 models)? - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Also, you can contact the original selling dealer if it's an 11-14 model. I'm not sure of the time limit if any.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #3 of 16 Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
2012 TF3 Manual

Sorry your right it is a 2012 2lt transformers edition thanks. I will contact the dealer again...

post #4 of 16 Old 09-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Premium Member

Go to Window Sticker Reproductions for Corvette, Chevrolet, Dodge, Oldsmobile, Plymouth, Pontiac, Buick, and Cadilac, you have to fill out a request form and know the deal it originally came from, Got mine laminated.

Big Daddy
Macon, GA
post #5 of 16 Old 09-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

Here is the link that William from the Chevy Customer Service guys gave me for a Build Sheet: GM Media Archive I'm trying to determine if the "Sample Vehicle Invoice" is a "build sheet" ... anyone know? Based on the link for "Build Sheets", I don't think Invoice equals Build Sheet. Also, not a window sticker, but might be of interest.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #6 of 16 Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraphlax View Post
Looking to see if anyone know how to get the factory window sticker re-produced. I would like to also have the build sheet if possible. The original dealer that sold my car took it back in trade then I bought it. I have contacted them and requested they reproduce it. I was told there is no kind of confirmation, he said they send their request in and if its ok they receive the window sticker in the mail up to three weeks later. If it is not ok they receive a letter in the mail stating it cannot be reproduced. Does this sound correct? I am also being told you have to ask the original selling dealer, no other can do it is this correct? Sorry for all the questions just new to the process thank for any help.
You are also free to private message me and I'll see how I can assist.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Available 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST
post #7 of 16 Old 09-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Here is the link that William from the Chevy Customer Service guys gave me for a Build Sheet: GM Media Archive I'm trying to determine if the "Sample Vehicle Invoice" is a "build sheet" ... anyone know? Based on the link for "Build Sheets", I don't think Invoice equals Build Sheet. Also, not a window sticker, but might be of interest.
No, those are not build sheets. Those are INVOICES. The invoice is for that particular VIN and has a wealth of information. It's really for the die-hard documentation folks. It's not a window sticker, but if you had an invoice, a window sticker could be built from that.

post #8 of 16 Old 09-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
No, those are not build sheets. Those are INVOICES. The invoice is for that particular VIN and has a wealth of information. It's really for the die-hard documentation folks. It's not a window sticker, but if you had an invoice, a window sticker could be built from that.
That is what I thought, but since I have never seen a "build sheet" I don't really know what one looks like and wanted to confirm what I was thinking. I have my window sticker, so I am good on that end. I also have a copy of the dealer title, the person at Motor Vehicles had it to register my car and asked if I wanted a copy.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #9 of 16 Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 AM
Veteran Member

A build sheet has all the options on it, but it's mainly a lot of RPO codes for each piece of the car that was put on just about. Such as fan assembly might be coded "OJ" for example on V8 car, and "OH" for a V6 (just pulled that out of my butt, not likely an actual code.). Helps with assembly as to which bin part goes on the car. Still a neat item to have if you can get one.

post #10 of 16 Old 09-18-2013, 05:33 AM
Premium Member

Here is my build sheet
Attached Files
File Type: docx Vehicle Build.docx (14.2 KB, 384 views)

Big Daddy
Macon, GA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page