Question about fog light install on a 2LS - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
xxSkullZxx

Garage
Question about fog light install on a 2LS

Hey guys, I recently purchased and installed fog light on my 2012 IOM 2LS, but I think I may have made an error and was hoping you could clarify it for me.

Now everything is hooked up and they work great. I have running them off of the side marker lights. My question is if I should have put on the new bezels first then the lights or the lights and then the bezels? I did lights first and then bezels and there seems to be a tiny gap between the bezel and the light. I did notice when I was putting the lights in that there is an adjuster so that you can get the posts to settle in the holes. I wonder if I go in there and turn that if it would push the lights out a bit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
You did it the right way...lights first then bezels. The gap between the lens and the bevel is normal and NOT the result of a faulty install. Here's a picture of my factory installed fog lamp and you can see there's somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" gap.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Has to be a gap so it doesnt rub over time and cause issues with rubbing through the lense that will create a water intrusion.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month

post #4 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
xxSkullZxx

Garage
Cool! Thanks guys. Oh and any else out there that has an LS that wants to immediately make a dramatic change in your cars appearance, get some fog lights. I know NOTHING about cars and it took me literally like an hour to put these in and that was after I wasted about 15 minutes trying to reach in between the tire and the front of the fender well. I finally just got out the jack and took the tires off!!
post #5 of 5 Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM

Congrats on the install, this will hopefully be my first mod next spring.

NEOCC Member since 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page