Curious how you all afford these cars? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
xxSkullZxx

Garage
Curious how you all afford these cars?

I'm not going to get to nosey about what you all do for a living, but I simply don't see how it is possible that so many of you just run around all willy nilly and buy up SS's and ZL1's like they are Hyundai Accents. These are $40,000-$62,000 cars. I look at some of your garages and I see a SS and a ZL1?? That is $100K in vehicles sitting there. I guess I'm just envious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I sell my body on the street.

It took a LOT of quarters to pay for this car!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member

There are many different ways to afford an expensive car. Having good credit helps. I got my SS when it was 2 years old and 10,700 miles on it. The dealer had it sitting on the lot for several months and lowered the price significantly. So that's how I got mine. Income to debt ratio is another thing. Multiple incomes...for instance you and a spouse. Trade-ins also. Some people traded in a paid off vehicle to get there car. Then after paying it off you can go finance a second car if you like. But it isn't like we're all making mega bucks and just decided one day to take a casual stroll to the dealership and buy an optioned out SS AND a ZL-1. If you're smart with money and if you're a good shopper and if you can negotiate a good deal, then you'll find that having 2 or three awesome toys after a few years isn't as difficult as it seems. And everyone will think you're cool...and you won't have to sell your body like Patriot...unless you want to for extra cash...and for the fun of it.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 02:35 PM
JacFab.com

I work about 70 hours a week.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
post #5 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post

HAHA00 Good one !!!--Without going into a lengthy discertation like a couple here do, There are most likely a LOT that Cant afford what they've got.
post #6 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 PM

how bout our driveway:

2013 Corvette 427 60th anniversary edition (paid in full)
2012 Audi Q5 (paid in full)
2010 Camaro SS
2002 Trailblazer LTZ (paid in full)

Order #: VBBDZ1
2017 Camaro ZL1
Hyper Blue Metallic A10, PDR, NAV, Premium floor mats

Ordered: 12/26/16
March 2014 Member/Car Of the Month
post #7 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post

Seriously I think it all depends on careers, family income, and things along that nature with all the different variables. What you have to remember is that there is a big used market for 5th gen Camaro's too. There are some SS's are going for as low as the mid $20k's and used 2012 ZL1's are down to about $50k depending. As these cars get older & higher mileage prices will keep becoming more affordable.
post #8 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
xxSkullZxx

Garage
Thanks for the input guys! Like I said, not trying to pry, but man, a lot of you have some seriously sweet rides in multiples!!! Im waiting for "just the right" SS to come along and I may pounce. I'd love to find a 2010-11 Summit White SS with 20K or less mileage on it and in automatic(never learned to drive manual)
post #9 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
HAHA00 Good one !!!--Without going into a lengthy discertation like a couple here do, There are most likely a LOT that Cant afford what they've got.
LOL, you should see my posts BEFORE I edit them down...sometimes I'm just typing and typing and typing...and typing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSkullZxx View Post
Thanks for the input guys! Like I said, not trying to pry, but man, a lot of you have some seriously sweet rides in multiples!!! Im waiting for "just the right" SS to come along and I may pounce. I'd love to find a 2010-11 Summit White SS with 20K or less mileage on it and in automatic(never learned to drive manual)
If you can hold out until around or after the holiday season I'm sure you should be able to find low mileage 2011-2012 SSs for around the mid 20s maybe lower. If you see something then feel free to ask on here if its a good deal or not...we'll help you out!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #10 of 99 Old 10-19-2013, 06:42 PM

My Camaro is a $250 a month lease and I will buy it at the end of the 3 years and still have a $250 a month payment ! - try leasing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page