Modern Camaro...Fest??!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Modern Camaro...Fest??!!

Just curious why we don't have our own little event. It certainly seems like the other site is the first forum ever to offer such an event, I'm not sure. But I would think that the trend would have caught on by now. Is there some legal reason why other forums can't or haven't begun holding annual events? Would you guys even go to an event put on by this site? What would it be called? Of course there would be cost and planning. And I'm sure it would have to start out small. But I think it would eventually grow to become a popular event. What's your take on this?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Not sure of the legal issues, but I'd go to "Modern Camaro Mania 2014"

2011 LS Coupe/RS clone
Oracle halo's, Katzkin covers, C.A.I. CAI, Hurst shift kit
Modern Camaro MOTM February 2015
post #3 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Well at this past summers Carlisle, PA GM nationals show Camaro5 only had one or two more members there than this site. According to their records anyway. Don't know if it was an option to people there to sign up under both sites or not. Modern Camaro would have to have the following to pull it off, two a good venue that will make 5th gen enthusiasts flock from anywhere to come to. That would mean likely it would have to involve racing either auto cross or 1/4 mile, and preferably both of those. Then you would need support for 5th gen parts vendors to make the trip, as well as some dealer & GM support. Camaro5 has a good thing going with the C5Fest, anyone could do an event like that as long as you have enough members on board to do it & make the trip. If this site was ever to do an event, you simply pick a month in the year other than C5 with several months spacing between the two events.

post #4 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 PM

^^ I agree.. There would have to be a good amount of time between them. I'm going to the C5Fest and since I've gone before and had a blast if I had to pick between going to one that I know would be fun versus one that might be fun and enjoyable.. I'm only human, of course it's obvious of what my decision if lol. If there was a good amount of time between them both I would absolutely attend both.

Another problem with that.. Next year the C5Fest is in May.. Depending on the location I don't think many people would go to something much later in the year such as October or something around then. 1. It's getting cold lol. 2. It's getting closer to the holidays and people need to have that money for that time.. Ya know?

Good idea though.. It would be fun to have another event like the C5Fest, but it would definitely have to have A+ planning.

February 2014 Member Of The Month!!!
post #5 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Carlisle would be ideal. It's pretty much a mecca for car shows already, so they're used to this kind of crowd. Loads of hotels and eateries close by too.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #6 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 04:55 PM

X2 on Carlisle, I go to 5 shows a year down there. Very good time.

NEOCC Member since 2013
post #7 of 27 Old 10-23-2013, 08:43 PM

I can't attend c5 because of graduation but if you put it on in June or July maybe even August that would work. Not sure where Carlisle is but I would like to get together and meet some fellow modern guys and gals.
post #8 of 27 Old 10-24-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Yea I'm thinking that it doesn't have to be a huge event. It isn't a competition with Camaro5 or anything like that. I'm thinking just a simple annual get together. It doesn't even have to be at a track. And maybe like 100 or soo members...maybe even more. If the site got an event together even at a resort or something like that at a discounted price and then offered the tickets on a first come first serve basis, then that would be kinda cool...just spit-balling some ideas here. Or maybe a track day and town or mountain cruise. They could get passes and hotel accomodations. I'm sure there are a lot of us that would attend. At least a bunch of us would bring a friend along. Eventually it will grow. Camaro Fest is the Disney World of events...we can't compete with that obviously. But there is no reason we can't have a smaller event like the small family we are. It will be fun, it will bring attention and sponsors to the site, and I'm sure it will bring some money to the site as well.

If they wanted to actually compete with an event like CFest then they would probably have to have a joint event with another Camaro forum. I don't know...just some ideas I've been thinking about lately. The thing is, I would like to go to Camaro Fest, and I'm sure it will be a great time if I do go. But huge events turn me off. If we had our own thing, then I would definitely attend. They could send out a message to members to see who would want to attend something like that just to get an idea of a location and amount of people to expect. And a small survey would tell them what members would want to spend and would expect to do as far as activities. As a controlled survey they could even make a list and ask people to check off X amount/types of events they'd like to see and/or participate in. A few months of researching and they could have something ready to go pretty quickly.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

Last edited by Chapel; 10-24-2013 at 12:11 AM.
post #9 of 27 Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I say come to VEGAS!!!!!! We know how to have a great time here

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #10 of 27 Old 10-24-2013, 02:25 PM

You're right.. It doesn't have to be something huge. 100 or so members would be a lot of fun and easier to get to know people I would totally go to like a long cruise and hang out at a resort or something.. I have no clue what Carlisle is

You're on to something here and I would definitely be there

February 2014 Member Of The Month!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page