The 2014... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
The 2014...

OK, I was reserving my unadulterated comments until I went and saw one in person....

I can honestly say I would buy a used 10-12 then settle for a 13 (don't like the wheel change and would have to warm up to the MyLink) if I had to, over the new 2014. I spent about an hour going over it and I can only find ONE THING I like about it, the heat extractor and the reverse Mohawk in the hood that matches and transitions to the roof! I thought the deflectors on the non-HID cars for the headlights that have a bowtie opening in them was cool but gets negated as a "like" by having to settle for standard halogen headlights.

I tried to warm up to the "A Gorilla sat on my hood and the upper opening is now permanently squished" look and the completely weird lower grill that has a large solid section across the top if it. The chrome strips on the front grill/hood that wraps around the headlights and under the taillights are hideous as well as the lights themselves.

One thing I found curious is depending on model, there are 2 different types of taillights! I actually can stomach the non-SS lights somewhat as they more truly reflect the Gen 1 and don't look like a pair of LED sunglasses. Right up to the point they wrap around the sides!!

On the SS rear lights they have the signals and reverse lights in the center section which is clear all the way across and ringed by the red section that is the brake lights and taillights. But the signals are only on the outer third of the inner section with the reverse lights in the middle and the inner third does NOTHING!

Can't get into the LED Halos at all!! Nor the bell mouthed exhaust tips. The rear diffuser is utterly GROSS! If you thought the mufflers stuck out like sore thumbs on the earlier models this one will give you nightmares. It is so short (and unfinished looking) on the bottom and "open" that you can see everything under there... And I mean everything!!

I am bummed the car has gone this direction but happy at the same time as it makes my 10 even more unique. Oh well, change happens...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

Last edited by hypurone; 10-24-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 10-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

I saw it in person a few weeks ago at a Blue Claws game. I could get used to it...but I would have to do something about those taillights.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 36 Old 10-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Support MC & Troops

I thought it looks pretty cool, the front being smaller and to me much sharper, the projectors..are awesome and adding them in to the fog lights, is great idea., I also don't care as much for the tail lights.. but their not the worse GM could of done..IMO, at least they put LEDs in so their improving.
The inside has some sweet stuff in it, tho I think if I had a choice I'd go for a 2013, as they have the same interior and bells / whistles, any Camaro fan would enjoy / luv

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"

post #4 of 36 Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 PM

I dislike the look of the front end - however I like the rear tail lights.
post #5 of 36 Old 10-25-2013, 06:09 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hate the rear tail lights. Went to dealership in August with intention of buying a 2014. Now....sooooooo glad they hadn't come in yet and ended up "settling" for my gorgeous 2013

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #6 of 36 Old 10-25-2013, 09:26 AM

Well... you know what they say about opinions. The 2014 looks are awesome and the reason I decided to buy one, other than the 1LE package being offered as well, which was a must. Also the MyLink is just pure awesome, I am not sure what the OP is needing to "warm up to" on this?

I think all this 2014 hate is attributed to just bitterness about the fact that the 2010 - 2013 Gen.5 Camaro is not the best looking Camaro. The hood with the heat extractor is not only functional, but looks better as well IMO.
post #7 of 36 Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Just what every Camaro Forum needs and wants, ANOTHER I HATE THE 2014 THREAD. I just don't get it, if you don't like it why write an essay on why you hate it. It is so simple, just don't buy one and save us from reading another worthless thread.

2SS L99, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks hi flow cats, MBRP Exhaust, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8 Trailing Arms and Rear Toe Rods, Factory GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .

2011 2SS Synergy Green
post #8 of 36 Old 10-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
Just what every Camaro Forum needs and wants, ANOTHER I HATE THE 2014 THREAD. I just don't get it, if you don't like it why write an essay on why you hate it. It is so simple, just don't buy one and save us from reading another worthless thread.
I'd have to agree with this ... some people like change for change, some like some parts of the new, some don't like parts of new. If you like the 14, buy one, if you don't, then don't. I mean, I would love to have had one of the original 2010's but it wasn't in the cards. I don't buy used, so I have a 2012, so what? Everyone seems to like the new 'vette, but, if given the opportunity, would you take that or a '67 454, or whatever? Its all in the eye of the beholder. That said, I like the 14 front end better, but dislike the tail lights. I'm sure there are some 14 owners who like their tail lights but not the front end ,,, tell us your opinion but no need to hate

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #9 of 36 Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
The thread was designed to point out some key items that folks might want to take a closer look at when they go see one. In case they walk in blinded by the new car purchasing fog.... It was also designed to invoke some discussion on where the design trend is going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
I'd have to agree with this ... some people like change for change, some like some parts of the new, some don't like parts of new. If you like the 14, buy one, if you don't, then don't. I mean, I would love to have had one of the original 2010's but it wasn't in the cards. I don't buy used, so I have a 2012, so what? Everyone seems to like the new 'vette, but, if given the opportunity, would you take that or a '67 454, or whatever? Its all in the eye of the beholder. That said, I like the 14 front end better, but dislike the tail lights. I'm sure there are some 14 owners who like their tail lights but not the front end ,,, tell us your opinion but no need to hate
This could be said for every thread ever written where someone tries to write an informative narrative on something that they don't particularly like and why....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #10 of 36 Old 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM

Yeah I think a used 2010-2013 is better than the 2014's. The back of the car has grown on me, the front end though with that small upper grille & huge lower grille just does not look great. I'd buy a 2014 ZL1 or Z28 or maybe one of the customized SLP edition's but never a LT or SS unless the SS was immediately going to get a face lift to a Z28 done, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page