CAMARO5.COM SUCKS. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
BIGSSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 46
 
Exclamation CAMARO5.COM SUCKS.

one of the admin clearly has a vendetta with me. they banned me for 9 days for "posting in the incorrect forum location". i got banned once before that for cursing out some troll and they banned me permanently but i emailed them like 8 times until they lifted the perma-ban. i just have a message for them.. YOUR NEVER GOING TO GET SPONSORED BY GM NO MATTER HOW STRICT AND LEGIT YOU TRY AND MAKE IT. its a forum not a government run website. i wish this forum got the traction that one got because i enjoy this one much more its laid back and there are NO trolls here. i was in the middle of working out a deal for a supercharger and then one of those ass*ole admins bans me. im pretty heated right now and i really wish i could find out which one of them has a problem so i could confront them and end the BS. oh well.

for the win.

2013 2SS L99 375whp 392wtq
CAI intake
stainless power 1"7/8 headers
stainless works HF cats
stainless works retro chambered exhaust
BIGSSC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 58 Old 10-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Senior Member
 
FireCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal BABYYYY
Posts: 510
 


COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE!! I never had a warning or anything and then boom hit with a perma-ban for some stupid a$$ reason lol. Mods are power hungry over there.. Which sucks because I met a ton of cool people (some not so cool lol) but oh well.. This site rocks! Not as busy, but I'm down with that.

+1 FTW!!!

February 2014 Member Of The Month!!!
FireCracker is offline  
post #3 of 58 Old 10-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
 
Chapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,690
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSSC View Post
one of the admin clearly has a vendetta with me. they banned me for 9 days for "posting in the incorrect forum location". i got banned once before that for cursing out some troll and they banned me permanently but i emailed them like 8 times until they lifted the perma-ban. i just have a message for them.. YOUR NEVER GOING TO GET SPONSORED BY GM NO MATTER HOW STRICT AND LEGIT YOU TRY AND MAKE IT. its a forum not a government run website. i wish this forum got the traction that one got because i enjoy this one much more its laid back and there are NO trolls here. i was in the middle of working out a deal for a supercharger and then one of those ass*ole admins bans me. im pretty heated right now and i really wish i could find out which one of them has a problem so i could confront them and end the BS. oh well.

for the win.
Well if we did get the traction they have then we would have a lot more members which means trolls and therefore the site would become more strict. Maybe not but I think it could happen. It sucks that happened to you over there. I personally don't think they suck. A while ago I did but I have a few friends over there. A lot of guys there will help you out as well. The tech section seems to be cooler than the General Discussion section...Gen Disc is where it seems all the bans occur. But at least you still have us, lol!! It probably isn't even worth confronting them because even if you are sucessful, you'll probably just end up under a microscope. Don't let it get to you. If you like, I can try to contact the vendor who was working out the deal with you and give him your contact info. Or you can try to contact the vendor offsite.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Chapel is offline  
 
post #4 of 58 Old 10-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Newbie
 
Dtrimpi87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
 
Hahahaha couldnt agree more. I am the honorary recipient of the prestigious Camaro5 Permaban Award haha

Hey FireCracker- Hey baby

Last edited by Dtrimpi87; 10-24-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Dtrimpi87 is offline  
post #5 of 58 Old 10-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 101
 
A couple things I don't get/like about that site:

1. A group of guys over there constantly post nonsense taking jabs back and forth at each other in the threads taking away from the discussion (including mine once). We all know they aren't really bada$$ cool as S dudes so I wish they would stop and realize it's taking away from the discussion. A cool dude would help out a junior member and not just his buds.

2. The term you gotta pay to play is used too much to sweep things under the carpet. Yes, I understand that if my car breaks because I modded it, it is on me. This, however, doesn't give a vendor the license to take my money and tune/mod my car or sell me a part if s/he misrepresents to me his skills, abilities, testing, and experience.

3. Deleting of posts so users cannot make informed decisions. Unethical on any level.

4. In the vendor review section, there are constant, excessive praises for vendors that simply ship things out on time at retail price. Um, that's their job and I can get it cheaper from non forum vendors and wikipedia to locate their same insight on vehicle functionality (often word for word). Let's not get too crazy. I tried to order parts from one of these vendors but the website was so disorganized and difficult to navigate I gave up.

Some of these you may not agree with, but that's my take.

Editing to add: And yes, I am PO'd that the tuner I used (JRE) is seeking to have a thread deleted about a blown engine thus ruining the confidence I had in my tune. Had he simply addressed the facts and left it at that, I would still be ok (given he could explain the basis for the failure and take ownership if warranted). Are there any more negative experiences about that vendor that have been removed? Please, if you have any personal experiences, PM me so I can make an informed decision about having my car retuned or at least checked by someone else. Thanks.

Last edited by StreetSS; 10-25-2013 at 06:09 AM.
StreetSS is offline  
post #6 of 58 Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
BIGSSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 46
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
A couple things I don't get/like about that site:

1. A group of guys over there constantly post nonsense taking jabs back and forth at each other in the threads taking away from the discussion (including mine once). We all know they aren't really bada$$ cool as S dudes so I wish they would stop and realize it's taking away from the discussion. A cool dude would help out a junior member and not just his buds.

2. The term you gotta pay to play is used too much to sweep things under the carpet. Yes, I understand that if my car breaks because I modded it, it is on me. This, however, doesn't give a vendor the license to take my money and tune/mod my car or sell me a part if s/he misrepresents to me his skills, abilities, testing, and experience.

3. Deleting of posts so users cannot make informed decisions. Unethical on any level.

4. In the vendor review section, there are constant, excessive praises for vendors that simply ship things out on time at retail price. Um, that's their job and I can get it cheaper from non forum vendors and wikipedia to locate their same insight on vehicle functionality (often word for word). Let's not get too crazy. I tried to order parts from one of these vendors but the website was so disorganized and difficult to navigate I gave up.

Some of these you may not agree with, but that's my take.

Editing to add: And yes, I am PO'd that the tuner I used (JRE) is seeking to have a thread deleted about a blown engine thus ruining the confidence I had in my tune. Had he simply addressed the facts and left it at that, I would still be ok (given he could explain the basis for the failure and take ownership if warranted). Are there any more negative experiences about that vendor that have been removed? Please, if you have any personal experiences, PM me so I can make an informed decision about having my car retuned or at least checked by someone else. Thanks.
oh man your having problems with the god that is JRE??? oh man better stay out of that forum. lol everyone on that forum prasies him like he is a living god its hysterical. im sure he is good but im not surprised you caught flak for talking badly about someone everyone blows he sells CAN TUNES for Christs sake. unless you data log it and go back and fourth with him for a week how good could it really be? there is no such thing as a one size fits all tune. every car is a little different and they all make it seem like his tunes are better then a true legit dyno tune at a good shop. sorry a can tune will never touch a dyno tune unless its data logged and reflashed a few times. and thats a huge pain in the ass. good luck with your issues buddy im pullin for ya!

2013 2SS L99 375whp 392wtq
CAI intake
stainless power 1"7/8 headers
stainless works HF cats
stainless works retro chambered exhaust
BIGSSC is offline  
post #7 of 58 Old 10-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 101
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSSC View Post
oh man your having problems with the god that is JRE??? oh man better stay out of that forum. lol everyone on that forum prasies him like he is a living god its hysterical. im sure he is good but im not surprised you caught flak for talking badly about someone everyone blows he sells CAN TUNES for Christs sake. unless you data log it and go back and fourth with him for a week how good could it really be? there is no such thing as a one size fits all tune. every car is a little different and they all make it seem like his tunes are better then a true legit dyno tune at a good shop. sorry a can tune will never touch a dyno tune unless its data logged and reflashed a few times. and thats a huge pain in the ass. good luck with your issues buddy im pullin for ya!
To be fair to JRE, I want to clarify my post. I have not complained about results on Camaro5 or received any flak. My car was remote tuned by them at first with good results (e.g. car ran well and did not have any mechanical failures). Based on those results, I took my car to their facility, had more mods done, and had it dyno tuned by Ted. My issue is that I don't currently drag race my car and I haven't had any problems yet. But that doesn't necessarily mean my car is properly tuned. On camaro5, with the exception of the current thread about a nitrous car with issues, there are no negative posts about JRE that I can find. But have there been some and they were deleted? If so, were they dyno tuned or remote tuned? Were their setups like mine? I am just trying to figure this out and determined what, if anything, to do next.

Last edited by StreetSS; 10-25-2013 at 09:09 AM. Reason: clarification
StreetSS is offline  
post #8 of 58 Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Support MC & Troops
 
hotrodhoodrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,784
 
MC for so many different reasons
Tho, I'm sure rules would get more tight as time will tell, as they push members to us witch will make MC a more desirable sight to come to.
We are a great sight because we are family and including a Sponsor/vender,
til that person does several members wrong, then our Mods/Adms...gets involved.

I think by the time we get into the six gen's ..well be the place.. Because were



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
hotrodhoodrat is offline  
post #9 of 58 Old 10-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSSC View Post
sorry a can tune will never touch a dyno tune unless its data logged and reflashed a few times. and thats a huge pain in the ass.
I think you have "canned" tunes and his "base" tunes confused. The guy has been around forever and obviously has a huge database of tunes for various modification levels. He sends you one that closely matches your mods and then you need to datalog and get it fine tuned for your exact setup.

That is common knowledge and the ONLY way to properly remote tune. Pain in the ass and all. He CLEARLY states that is the process to be followed when he sends you the first tune. At least he did with me.... If someone chooses NOT to datalog, then any failure is on them, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Were their setups like mine? I am just trying to figure this out and determined what, if anything, to do next.
Do you have a printout of your tune with A/F ratio? If so and it is in the 11-11.5 range on boost and is even across the pull, I would be at ease. Do you have the handheld SCT tuner? I would datalog the car and look at the timing to see if there is any KR etc. You can save the files to a CSV that opens in Excel.

My car is similar to yours. I have been thru the tuning "grinder" and have experience with 3 tuners now. Haddad Motorsports was the first to dyno tune my car when they installed the SC and I had no probs. The shifting for my A6 was harsh though.

A bit later I had a cam/TC/LS3 conversion etc done by Synergy Motorsports (since they were closer to me) and I had to take it back for shifting probs and idle quality. Then I started having probs 6 months down the road when it inexplicably starting running pig rich, had starting probs and some intermittent shifting weirdness. He used the same dyno as Haddad and the same program (HPT). I had no codes no MIL etc....

This is when I decided to try [email protected] I sent him my tune file to look at (he doesn't even use HPT but was nice enough to convert it to SCT to read it) to see if he could see anything wrong. He didn't like what he saw at all. Now I too thought "of course, he wants to sell me a tune" but I wasn't going back to a tuner that I had probs with so I took a chance and went with Ted.

Even with his "base" tune the car ran better than it ever had. After 2 data-logging runs and tune revisions plus some custom tweaks for my personal tastes on shifting, idle, off boost A/F ratio etc, the car is stunning! It has been rock solid for me. It has the quickest most perfect shifting it has ever had in its life!!

I had a ZL1 pump, ADM FPCM and gears done recently and his tune updates for these mods were perfect as well.

I am not a JRE fanboy, just a thoroughly satisfied customer that has had tunes/tuners to compare to for first hand knowledge.

That is my .02 worth for ya.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #10 of 58 Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
 
Chapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,690
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
4. In the vendor review section, there are constant, excessive praises for vendors that simply ship things out on time at retail price. Um, that's their job and I can get it cheaper from non forum vendors and wikipedia to locate their same insight on vehicle functionality (often word for word). Let's not get too crazy. I tried to order parts from one of these vendors but the website was so disorganized and difficult to navigate I gave up.

Some of these you may not agree with, but that's my take.

Editing to add: And yes, I am PO'd that the tuner I used (JRE) is seeking to have a thread deleted about a blown engine thus ruining the confidence I had in my tune. Had he simply addressed the facts and left it at that, I would still be ok (given he could explain the basis for the failure and take ownership if warranted). Are there any more negative experiences about that vendor that have been removed? Please, if you have any personal experiences, PM me so I can make an informed decision about having my car retuned or at least checked by someone else. Thanks.
I totally agree with this. The vendors over there charge prices even when they lump items together, that come out to more money than if you were just to shop around yourself and buy items separately. Back when I was first starting my mods I thought the vendors were offering killer deals that nobody would be able to beat. So I contacted one for a quote. The price I was quoted was soo high that I automatically knew I could destroy those prices by shopping around. Even on the vendor classified threads I was seeing prices that just straight up looked crazy.

That "pay to play" crap is such BS. Some newbie comes on the forum asking about mods and then another newbie starts talking about pay to play and you get what you pay for and all those other trite remarks. And then there are soo many saying this that the newbie actually believes that he has to pay the exorbitant amount the vendors over there charge. The members over there have effectively justified being over-charged. Its like they intentionally get over charged and then convince others to do the same thing, lol! It is utterly ridiculous. Just a bunch of drones who do nothing but follow what others say without question.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Chapel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome