California road rash - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

California road rash

Hi guys in California,

Just took my Camaro for a nice road trip to Arizona and wated too give you all a warning if one can avoid it!

It's well know that California has the worst/dirty roads in America. Most if not all of the time one the 10 hiighway heading west or east it's pretty much hazard free except for that one time a car in front of you kicks up a box that your Camaro will run into and hit the front bumper area. This one left a nice corner mark on my bumper that lucky for me rubbs off right away with no evidence of it happening until you look under the lower lip! Well just behind it let some sort of rash on that nice smooth painted area.

When I get a chance I'll see if it can be removed like the other area with some cleaner wax.

Sorry to rant about this but here I'm trying to keep my car as prestine as possible and with my luck thiis happens. CRAP!!!

Mail Clerk

Last edited by mailclerk; 12-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

sorry to hear that ... I know exactly what you mean ... sounds like yours was totally unavoidable on your part ... which, of course, does not make it any better ... hope you can buff it out some

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 7 Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
sorry to hear that ... I know exactly what you mean ... sounds like yours was totally unavoidable on your part ... which, of course, does not make it any better ... hope you can buff it out some
83Hokie,

Thank you for your kind words buddy:-) Right now it sitting in the garage until I bring it out again next week. Over the weekend I'll try and rub it out using my own wax that actually a polymer that seems to have a little solvent to remove light things. Since the trip the entire front bumper/facia needs a good cleaning and coating of wax any how.

Mail Clerk

post #4 of 7 Old 12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member

Out here in NJ my car gets whipped with rock salt, slush, icem and everything else when it snows. These big ole salt trucks go flying by me just pelting me with stones. It sucks. Eventually I know I will have to take it to a body shop. Oh well, nothing to be done. I feel your pain.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #5 of 7 Old 12-11-2013, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Out here in NJ my car gets whipped with rock salt, slush, icem and everything else when it snows. These big ole salt trucks go flying by me just pelting me with stones. It sucks. Eventually I know I will have to take it to a body shop. Oh well, nothing to be done. I feel your pain.
Chapel,

What a bummer you have to go through that. Here in California it is a fact we have the worst roads in America. We all bust our tails for a nice fun car to drive and we get pelted by trash tossed in our faces. OH that's the nature of the beast.

Mail Clerk
post #6 of 7 Old 12-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
+1, this time of the year is terrible with the salt and snow I feel you pain! I wanna get my detailed inside and out, but there's no point in doing that this time of year.

Mailclerk, sorry about the troubles you've had! I'm sure most have been in that type of situation and it stinks you couldn't have done anything to avoid it! Best of luck getting it out!!

February 2014 Member Of The Month!!!
post #7 of 7 Old 12-20-2013, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Firecraker,

Today all is well cuz I finally took my Camaro in for a look see underneath and the dealership said nothing of bad concern has happened except for the small scratch underneath my bumper which no once can see under notmal circumstances. I did have them do a front wheel alignment and they told me it was slightly out of alignment. Currentyl I'm a happy camper! In the furture I just have to be more careful.

Have a good holiday everyone:-)

Mail Clerk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page