What is it with the dealerships? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-10-2014, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What is it with the dealerships?

I saw this a couple days ago on C5 but I guess it has now finally gotten some media attention. These dealerships are getting worse and worse. This is why I do my own work. You can't trust anyone. If that guy had not crashed the car, then nobody would have even known he took it out for a joyride. Can he be ticketed for leaving the scene of an accident? I wonder.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I stay at the dealer until it's done and log the mileage

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Garage
On 02/06/14, my dad took his SUV in to the GM dealer where he bought it for the first service. After the service was done, one of the dealer detailers, a 19 year old kid, hopped in my dad's brand new, 4 month old 2014 Cadillac Escalade w/ 5k miles. When he was backing it into the detail shop he brushed the rear passenger side quarter panel on a steel post. It dented and scraped the quarter panel from the rear wheel to the rear corner of the SUV, ripped the wrap around rear bumper cover, and cracked the taillight.

All this dealer is offering to do at no charge to my dad is straighten out the quarter panel, bondo it, repaint it, and guarantee the paint and repair work for as long as my dad owns the Escalade. Since they have a body shop in the dealer, they also agreed not to report it to Carfax so it doesn't devaluate the SUV when my dad goes to trade it in the future. It's BS, but that's all they are willing to do without my dad making a huge federal case out of it. My dad requested a replacement SUV of the same trim and everything but he would have to fork out an additional $12k and his current SUV to get into another one, even though the dealer's employee was responsible for the damage. And my dad even requested that they don't wash it because it was already clean, had they listened this wouldn't have happened.

On another note, how many other vehicles do dealers crash, put a band aid on, and sell them as never wrecked? Hmmm.

Last edited by Midnighter; 01-10-2014 at 07:30 PM.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-10-2014, 10:45 PM

Sometimes the stars just don’t line up. My wife and I have been looking for a car lately. We got a car loan, we did research, we even test drove some cars. We thought we were ready to buy a car, so we went back to the best car that we found and took it for a drive again.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-11-2014, 05:22 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Callas View Post
Sometimes the stars just don’t line up. My wife and I have been looking for a car lately. We got a car loan, we did research, we even test drove some cars. We thought we were ready to buy a car, so we went back to the best car that we found and took it for a drive again.
Welcome to MC, post on our new members thread when you can, so we can give you a warm welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
On 02/06/14, my dad took his SUV in to the GM dealer where he bought it for the first service. After the service was done, one of the dealer detailers, a 19 year old kid, hopped in my dad's brand new, 4 month old 2014 Cadillac Escalade w/ 5k miles. When he was backing it into the detail shop he brushed the rear passenger side quarter panel on a steel post. It dented and scraped the quarter panel from the rear wheel to the rear corner of the SUV, ripped the wrap around rear bumper cover, and cracked the taillight.

All this dealer is offering to do at no charge to my dad is straighten out the quarter panel, bondo it, repaint it, and guarantee the paint and repair work for as long as my dad owns the Escalade. Since they have a body shop in the dealer, they also agreed not to report it to Carfax so it doesn't devaluate the SUV when my dad goes to trade it in the future. It's BS, but that's all they are willing to do without my dad making a huge federal case out of it. My dad requested a replacement SUV of the same trim and everything but he would have to fork out an additional $12k and his current SUV to get into another one, even though the dealer's employee was responsible for the damage. And my dad even requested that they don't wash it because it was already clean, had they listened this wouldn't have happened.

On another note, how many other vehicles do dealers crash, put a band aid on, and sell them as never wrecked? Hmmm.
I would of gotten a lawyer and sue the crap out of them, I would of demanded a replacement of my Escalade or
bran new parts w/no report period.. they were responsible for the damage 100% regardless of the employee
Yup, I seen a 2007 Vett, that our GM dealer was trying to sale when I got ready to buy Frost,
that Vett's doors and fenders were off in gaps.. from (bottom) 0.21" to (top) 1.19" of one side alone,
the sales rep, tried telling me its never been in a wreck and theirs no report but the damage was so easy to spot,
they weren't even willing to repair it at their cost at sticker price &

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #6 of 14 Old 01-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

I'm a Service Advisor for Honda and all I can say is I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this at our dealership. Gives us all a bad name.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #7 of 14 Old 01-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
It so sad to read how some of these dealership operate. I must say i am pretty lucky with mine most of the people that work at the dealerdship i go to from the sales personal to the service writer even down to the mechenics know me from the bowling alley so i know they treat my car good. But of course i stay with my car whenever i take it in

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #8 of 14 Old 01-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
My Camaro has been in body shop for almost a month....car wash employee...hit door with a Dodge Ram truck. I seriously have worried if someone will be out joy riding in my girl before I pick her up. BTW...crossing fingers that she'll be home either Tues or Weds.

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #9 of 14 Old 01-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Write your mileage down or take a pic. Problem solved.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

post #10 of 14 Old 01-12-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Write your mileage down or take a pic. Problem solved.
How does writing down your mileage or taking a pic of it solve the problem. All that means is that you know what your mileage was when the dealer screwed up your car. Do you think the conversation would go like this because you have a pic of the miles on your car?

Dealer - We are really sorry that our janitor totaled your 3 week old ZL1 but there is really nothing we can do. He really should not have been driving it, but you know what they say, **** Happens.

You - But I have a picture of the miles on my car when I dropped it off.

Dealer - Ummmmm, you have a pic of the miles on the car when you dropped it off? Well that changes everything. In that case we will order you a brand new ZL1 with every option there is, throw in free oil changes for life and $10,000 dollars for modification. Also, here are the keys to a 2014 Corvette to drive until your ZL1 comes in.

2SS L99, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks hi flow cats, MBRP Exhaust, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8 Trailing Arms and Rear Toe Rods, Factory GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .

2011 2SS Synergy Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page