1LE Ride - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

1LE Ride

Thinking of trading in my SS for a 1LE. Is there any ride difference between my 2011 SS and a 2014 1LE? Stiffer? Softer? It has to corner better for sure, but does the car have a smoother ride? Thank you ahead of time for the input....if I get any!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM

its way stiffer.. but i dd mine and have no problems.. i love it..

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #3 of 15 Old 03-10-2014, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
its way stiffer.. but i dd mine and have no problems.. i love it..
Thank you very much for your response!!

What is amazing is that in 3 days of the question being on this site and only one person with a 1LE is nice enough to answer my question. I guess there is no point in asking more!!

post #4 of 15 Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I think most of us here are nice enough to answer your question...but most of us haven't actually owned a SS & a 1LE.
post #5 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I think most of us here are nice enough to answer your question...but most of us haven't actually owned a SS & a 1LE.
Yep, same here... I don't own them, so I cannot comment.

"Katy" - 2014 Convertible 2LT, Black on Black

It is a bad pic right now, I will upload another when I get her out of storage...
post #6 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I third that.. I haven't driven the 1LE

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #7 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 04:42 PM

i know they are not just sitting at the lots.. i got lucky and found one at my local dealer.. the only one there.. and i havent seen one on the lot since.. anyone know if the production numbers have come out yet for the 14 1le's? i dont think they are making anymore only by order... i could be wrong.. but if anyone sees one go test drive it... and you will fall in love lol....

2011 camaro 2ss convert..black on black. Slp black wing intake, k&n drop in , muffler delete , 93 octane diablo tune L99/A6. totaled 12-4-13..

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. best car yet!!!!
post #8 of 15 Old 03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
i know they are not just sitting at the lots.. i got lucky and found one at my local dealer.. the only one there.. and i havent seen one on the lot since.. anyone know if the production numbers have come out yet for the 14 1le's? i dont think they are making anymore only by order... i could be wrong.. but if anyone sees one go test drive it... and you will fall in love lol....
I haven't even seen one either ... my original plan was to drive both the 1LE and the SS on a 2013, but I stumbled upon exactly what I was looking for, so I took it. My local, local dealer doesn't seem to get much stock; their 2014 inventory was originally 3 V6 (of which 2 were exactly the same color and everything except one had a sunroof), today, I see they have gotten another shipment - 4 more V6's (and the 2 exactly the same, still here). I am not downplaying the V6's by any means, but, come on, not a single V8? It took them 2 years to get a ZL1, I'm expecting the same for a 1LE. That said, from what I have heard people say, they are happy with them. I kind of wish I had, but I am still happy.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #9 of 15 Old 03-15-2014, 11:42 PM

I bought the 1le track pack from my local GM dealership and had them install it all on my 2013 2SS, it was a significant difference. I had already bought a GM strut tower brace off ebay, i felt like the brace alone improved sterring response 15-20% so once i heard gm offered the track pack i did it. because i felt like the stock ss have way to much slop or play in the steering wheel and not enough road feel. The 1le track pack tightened the steering and suspension up just right. still comfortable to drive but you for sure know the suspension is stiffer and response sharpe. Then off ebay i bought the gm factory ZL1/ 1le wheels BLACK 5 spokes with Goodyear super all 285 squared, which gave the car more road feel, FYI: IN MY opinion, just like the reviews say the factory issued goodyear tires dont grab at all under 50-60 degrees. in the cold forget it they are dangerous, I have not had the wheel tire combo during any above 70+ degree heat to know if the gy tires will hook in the heat. I also have TSP 229/236 112 cam/ Mast milled heads, triple circle D 3200 stall, JRE 3.70 eaton rear, cai, upgraded axles, ZL1 gas brake / peds, 1le suede steering wheel which is sweet in the cold plus good grip and extremely comfortable. my car is on youtube yellow ralley. Search; ss camaro cam heads header exahust, you tube username is vonrebel. Go listen to a nice American muscle car sound. I did not know a 1le was available at all when i bought my SS, AND i had already did the c/h/stall/full exhaust body kit when i discovered the 1le. now i was by far to deep in money to even trade for a ZL1 so i buried myself money wise and build a hybird SS Camaro. part SS/1LE. sorry not trying to high jack the thread. My cars not a true 1le but i do have the most of the 1le componets and the 1le is definitely worth the money. so is a cam! For me i over paid and have no warranty so learn what not to do.

Last edited by vonrebel; 03-16-2014 at 12:10 AM.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 PM

couple pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131212_150000.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	34506   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_103844.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	34514  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page