Bad Luck Streak - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Bad Luck Streak

THREAD CLOSED

2011 2LT Coupe: BBK LT Headers w/ HF Cats. BBK CAI. AirAid TBS. Cat-Back Custom 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe and Pacesetter TFX Mufflers. Aggresive Trifecta 93 Octane Tune w/ Ghost Cam. 18" Advanti Summer Wheels and OEM 18" Stock Winter Wheels.

Last edited by geonny04; 12-06-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

First off, sorry for your stroke of bad luck. I've had my share of bad times believe me. But things eventually get better. Give it time.

As far as the car damage, I don't understand, why not just go through the insurance? They will repair the car and give you a rental. I'd have to assume the car is insured if you're making payments on it. Otherwise the loan company would have repossessed it. Am I missing something here?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
First off, sorry for your stroke of bad luck. I've had my share of bad times believe me. But things eventually get better. Give it time.

As far as the car damage, I don't understand, why not just go through the insurance? They will repair the car and give you a rental. I'd have to assume the car is insured if you're making payments on it. Otherwise the loan company would have repossessed it. Am I missing something here?
sorry i kind of rambled. basically. i don't get free rental through my insurance. and i am using my insurance, but the deductible is $500 and i cant afford it. i know it seems like its a small amount of $ but i blew through my savings paying off everything the ex left me with and all of the moving and disconnect fees. then this happened and im just in such a bad place cause of it, its sad.

2011 2LT Coupe: BBK LT Headers w/ HF Cats. BBK CAI. AirAid TBS. Cat-Back Custom 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe and Pacesetter TFX Mufflers. Aggresive Trifecta 93 Octane Tune w/ Ghost Cam. 18" Advanti Summer Wheels and OEM 18" Stock Winter Wheels.

post #4 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

Garage
A 2nd job would help get you over the rough patch.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
A 2nd job would help get you over the rough patch.
i work 65 hours per week. i just do not have this money at the moment. due to the unforseen circumstances mentioned above. but i agree yes, this may be something i have to do.

post #6 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geonny04 View Post
sorry i kind of rambled. basically. i don't get free rental through my insurance. and i am using my insurance, but the deductible is $500 and i cant afford it. i know it seems like its a small amount of $ but i blew through my savings paying off everything the ex left me with and all of the moving and disconnect fees. then this happened and im just in such a bad place cause of it, its sad.
sorry for the bad luck, that all sux ... but why are you going through your insurance if she hit you? She should be paying, no deductible for you plus she should be paying for the rental.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #7 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
sorry for the bad luck, that all sux ... but why are you going through your insurance if she hit you? She should be paying, no deductible for you plus she should be paying for the rental.
she lied saying she stopped at the stop sign before she made her left. when she really just blew threw it. so her insurance is denying liability. some dumb ass law in MA if its not on a public road(i.e the parking lot where she hit me) they cannot say who is liable. all they can do is watch while we exchange info. such bs.

post #8 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member

ah, that sux too, I think VA is more or less the same way ... I did catch a guy in a lie once on an accident ... he admitted to passing me on the right ... fortunately for me, I had taken pictures which showed a one lane road ... the dumba$$ ended up paying up ...

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #9 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Garage
You can never take too many pics at a crash. I had a whole bunch when that idiot tried to swoop and stoop me awhile ago. My ins. co. told him to go to hell.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geonny04 View Post
she lied saying she stopped at the stop sign before she made her left. when she really just blew threw it. so her insurance is denying liability. some dumb ass law in MA if its not on a public road(i.e the parking lot where she hit me) they cannot say who is liable. all they can do is watch while we exchange info. such bs.
Even if she did stop, it is still her fault if she turned in front of you. You had the right-of-way. Was she turning from the parking lot onto a main road? Because if so I would think that once she turned out of the lot then she is on a public road. I'm not up on the laws or anything so I don't know. But that much seems obvious. I mean, just because she stopped does not mean that she can just in front of oncoming traffic whenever she pleases.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page