Small Cars vs V6 Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Small Cars vs V6 Camaro

I think I'm going to test drive some cars tomorrow, I doubt I'll do anything stupid but I'm going though this whole debate..

The v6 Camaro is a good car, it's right in between a performance car and still somewhat economical,, I think it's the right choice for me, right now I drive 75 miles a day but I have a bike that gets 45 mpg, but I'm having this debate of why don't I buy a smaller car, get better mileage, bigger trunk, etc.. do I really need all this Camaro..

What's a good car that is efficient but still rides smooth & Quiet with out a ton of torque steet & gets really good mileage, like 33?

maybe I should test drive a Malibu or a new corolla? I test drove a Scion TC before buying my Camaro but I wasn't very impressed.. it was buzzy and nosiey, and had torque steer, I also drove a cruze with a 6 spd stick shift, didn't have any power, maybe I'll give it another chance because otherwise is was nice, I even drove one of those acura 4bangers, it was a POS too,

Camaro drives so much nicer. Hell maybe I should get a Miata or something like that.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 04-25-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member

You should get a Camaro

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

I was just checking up on the cruze, they have models that get 42, even 46 mpg, the base Malibu is even rated at 36... but it's not worth it, gas is still relatively cheap.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member

Don't shoot me for saying this...but how about an Evo, WRX Impreza, or SHO Taurus? Those would be my choices if I were gonna go with a non-V8. They're all respectably fast, and the MPGs should be pretty good if you keep it under boost. Or you could look at the Altima coupe. Or, your best bet, get a cheap beater with a manual 4cyl engine to use as a DD for those long drives. Then use your Camaro as you night time, weekend, fun car. I would even consider commuting via public transportation before getting rid of the Camaro. There are soo many options.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #5 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 09:08 AM
Support MC & Troops

Keep the Camaro.. get a evo, for your daily driver IMO N'

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #6 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

those evo's & wrx's are over $36,000, the Altima is a sexy little car but I never drove one, but putting the numbers up the Malibu whoops its, Malibu has 25 more horses and is rated 4 mpg better and is like $3k cheaper, and has a better warranty,

I came to the conclusion that I bought the right car, v6 1ls is a lot of car for the money and is still reasonably economical.

post #7 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

For performance, you also have to factor in the weight and the torque. I don't know either of those numbers on the Malibu or the Altima. But if the Malibu is like 200 pounds heavier and has less torque, then that extra 25 hp is not gonna do anything. Oh, and I thought you weren't considering the V6 Camaro...but yea the LS or the LT or even the LFX V6ers would be my first choice.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #8 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

yeah, you know when I bought the Camaro I didn't think much about it because it seemed like a no brainer, I test drove a cruze and a scion TC and neither of those impressed me, I even looked at a Scion FRS, they had just came out, but I saw 200 horse power and 151# of torque and figured it would be just like the Scion TC, plus the interior looks pretty cheap, and it was like $3500 more than the Camaro,, so I figured I wasn't interested, but the truth is, the FRS has pretty much the same power to weight as the LS Camaro, and it is RWD so it wouldn't have torque steer. and the automatics are 6 speeds and rated at like 34 mpg.. so now I want to atleast test drive one, the boxer engine is kind of a cool thing, that;s how the car sits so low,,

it would be a fun test drive but I cant see trading in at this point, I've put over $3000 into my Camaro, and I would probably have to finance another $10k to trade in, plus then I'd have to mod up the FRS.

but if scion put RWD in the TC they would have a real winner, its a neat little car, it has a dual sunroof, a big back seat, it's a hatchback, and they kind of copied the Camaro body style. that torque steer though, I just hate that, so annoying you have to constantly counter steer the car,

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 04-26-2014 at 08:15 PM.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 09:08 PM

The V6 Chargers with the 8SPD gets great mileage and still got some power and room to it.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member

What about the V6 manual Mustang from 2011 and up? Their power, tq, and weight puts that car in the low 14s to high 13s. And I'm sure you can get an 11 for a really good price. Bolt-ons (headers, tune, cai, etc) gets that car in the low 13s without breaking the bank.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page