How and When Will GM challenge the New Challenger with 6th Camaro? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 05-21-2014, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

How and When Will GM challenge the New Challenger with 6th Camaro?

Do you think that General Motors will try to challenge the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat before the next generation Camaro arrives - or will they wait until the 6th generation of the fabled Chevy muscle car?

Quote:
Should the premium performance model of the 6th generation Chevrolet Camaro come a year or two after the introduction of the next gen Camaro (which is expected in 2016), it could be several years before the Camaro is able to really stand toe to toe with the new Hellcat Hemi powered Dodge Challenger SRT. However, when the higher performance LT engines make their way into the 6th gen Camaro…the people at Dodge could have a heck of a fight on their hands.
Source: The Chevrolet Camaro Won't Overpower the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Until the Next Generation - Torque News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 PM

Garage
wow! that's going to be interesting. Knowing GM they wont do anything until after the Z06 hits the roads. Plus they will promote the Z28 as the fastest American track car

post #3 of 27 Old 05-21-2014, 05:30 PM

GM isn't worried, Challenger aren't that much a threat to Camaro's.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

post #4 of 27 Old 05-22-2014, 07:20 AM

Garage
I checked out the new Hellcat Challeger SRT and it will be a good run for the GT500. Last time I was at the race trace, stock 2013 5.0 stangs were beating the ZL1. (VERY DISAPPOINTING) I do not under estimate Dodge at all. It may be a little heavier but all it has to do to beat a Camaro is take off without spinning. THATS IT!

post #5 of 27 Old 05-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Do you think that General Motors will try to challenge the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat before the next generation Camaro arrives - or will they wait until the 6th generation of the fabled Chevy muscle car?

Source: The Chevrolet Camaro Won't Overpower the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Until the Next Generation - Torque News
Chevy doesn't have to out muscle the Challenger. The SRT-8 is already overpowering the LS3 but they're only a couple tenths faster. Which basically makes it a driver's race. A little weight loss and a little more hp/tq will go a long way. Look at the little Coyote. That thing is way underpowered in comparison but they're right there with the SS and SRT-8. But its interesting to see what Chevy will come up with next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpb74 View Post
I checked out the new Hellcat Challeger SRT and it will be a good run for the GT500. Last time I was at the race trace, stock 2013 5.0 stangs were beating the ZL1. (VERY DISAPPOINTING) I do not under estimate Dodge at all. It may be a little heavier but all it has to do to beat a Camaro is take off without spinning. THATS IT!
Yup, true! And those 2013 Coyotes are pretty quick. Especially the ones with the 3.73 gears. Throw some bolt-ons at them and you're in the mid to low 12s easily.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #6 of 27 Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

Last time I was at the track the 5.0s weren't beating the ZL1s. It was a slaughter the other way around.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #7 of 27 Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 PM

Garage
When we were at Farmington drag, the Stang's had street slick, the track was smoking hot. The camaros were spinning out the gate and those freaking 5.0 were hauling azz from word go. Made me sick. I would love to see the LS3 win. Maybe we can win at the 1/4 mile Zmax drag in couple weeks. I've installed new tire, plugs , fresh oil and changing plug wires tomorrow. I'll have some good 100 octane then pull the fuses and I hope I can put up a good fight. I ran a 04 GT with bolt ons recently. We were side by side until I hit 2nd gear. Then it ended quickly.

Last edited by mpb74; 05-22-2014 at 07:47 PM.
post #8 of 27 Old 05-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
When we were at Farmington drag, the Stang's had street slick, the track was smoking hot. The camaros were spinning out the gate and those freaking 5.0 were hauling azz from word go. Made me sick. I would love to see the LS3 win. Maybe we can win at the 1/4 mile Zmax drag in couple weeks. I've installed new tire, plugs , fresh oil and changing plug wires tomorrow. I'll have some good 100 octane then pull the fuses and I hope I can put up a good fight. I ran a 04 GT with bolt ons recently. We were side by side until I hit 2nd gear. Then it ended quickly.
Good luck out there. Unfortunately, there are lots of cars that can hang with us for the 1st gear or two. Mainly because they can put all their power to the ground whereas the SS has to be launched perfectly so as not to spin. I've had cars give me hell all the way up to the top of second gear. But I just sit back and stay in it. And once I start to reel them in its all over...just blaze right past them. Glad you beat that 04 GT! What mods have you done so far?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #9 of 27 Old 05-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
I think you'll do great... best of luck, tho I don't think you'll need any luck

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #10 of 27 Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Ive never seen a stock 5.0 even with slicks outrun a ZL1's unless they were terrible drivers. Are you sure they werent GT500's because that will happen all day long with the extra 80hp in the GT500's but not the stock 5.0's. But you can never say never

See my items on www.amazon.com

Seller Name: Muscle Car Memories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page