Whats up with dudes in older Mustang's and Cadillac's? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 05-28-2014, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Whats up with dudes in older Mustang's and Cadillac's?

Twice in the past week ive been challenged by 2 separate Mustang GT's from like 2000-2004 models, wanting to street race, riding my bumper, getting in front me and slowing down, riding next to me trying to get a reaction out of me and I pretty much just look at them and keep on driving and then finally they will floor it and take off and they are pretty much younger dudes who like to stare and pretty much piss me off.

Dont they know they cant run with a SS? Do they think they have a 5.0 hidden inside of their Mustang?

2nd problem was today coming back from Wally Mart some dude in a black Cadillac CTS which had some sort of flags on the fenders riding right next to me gunning his motor, speeding up, slowing down trying to get a race outta me and when it didnt happen after about 1/4 of driving he also floors it and takes off going way over the speed limit...

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Does the Camaro SS have a bad reputation for being slow or do they all wanna go to jail for street racing?

See my items on www.amazon.com

Seller Name: Muscle Car Memories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 PM

Happens where I live all the time...I mostly get the evil eye...then they pull ahead of me...I guess it makes them feel like they won something!
post #3 of 37 Old 05-28-2014, 11:06 PM
Livin' the dream!

Garage
Haters gonna hate.

Let them get the tickets for racing.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."... 2 Timothy 4:7

post #4 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member

You guys are lucky. I can't get ANY action out here...at all. Not saying I street race. But an occasional 0-speed limit sprint is nice. I wish I had someone in a Mustang wanting a little (spirited but within the confines of what is considered legal) action out here. You guys are lucky.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #5 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 05:23 AM
xxSkullZxx

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage-Iron View Post
Twice in the past week ive been challenged by 2 separate Mustang GT's from like 2000-2004 models, wanting to street race, riding my bumper, getting in front me and slowing down, riding next to me trying to get a reaction out of me and I pretty much just look at them and keep on driving and then finally they will floor it and take off and they are pretty much younger dudes who like to stare and pretty much piss me off.

Dont they know they cant run with a SS? Do they think they have a 5.0 hidden inside of their Mustang?

2nd problem was today coming back from Wally Mart some dude in a black Cadillac CTS which had some sort of flags on the fenders riding right next to me gunning his motor, speeding up, slowing down trying to get a race outta me and when it didnt happen after about 1/4 of driving he also floors it and takes off going way over the speed limit...

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Does the Camaro SS have a bad reputation for being slow or do they all wanna go to jail for street racing?
Those 2000-2004 GT's can barely out muscle my V6 if at all let alone your SS! Hell, I had a dude in a Ford Fusion think he was going to run with me. I was on the highway and he came up from nowhere and road my ass and then took off. I no better than to go balls out on this particular stretch of highway as there are cops everywhere. I eventually caught up to him at a light. We looked at each other, I shook my head and when the light turned green, I put my foot in the floor and left him like he was stuck in mud!

The moral of the story here is that you might think your car is fast, but understand who you might be messing with. I have a V6 Camaro and I know enough not to mess with a SS, late 2000's Mustang GT, current Challenger and Charger R/T's and so on.

2012 V6 IOM./ Borla axel back exhaust/ K&N Cold Air Intake/ 18" TSW Matte Black Mugello wheels, 35 % Tinting, Matte Black Rally Stripes, Matte Black Fade Gill Stripes, Matte Black Fender Hash Stripes, Tail Light and Side Marker Black Outs and Solid Black Bowties!
post #6 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 AM

Garage
Just happened to me this morning. A guy in a 00-04 Stang reving his engine and hitting the throttle really hard beside me. I had my window down enjoying the nice cool breeze on my way to work and all I could hear was this loud/slow POS making noise.

Don't waste your gas guys, those Stangs are like a loud mouth who wants to intimidate someone. All they can do is make noise!
I was just talking to my coworker about this 10 minutes ago.

Last edited by mpb74; 05-29-2014 at 07:08 AM.
post #7 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 10:09 AM

Happened to me last week, other guy was in a rusty old pickup! i think most of these jerks just want to see you get on it - maybe hoping that you'll get pulled over by the cops.
It's almost like they see a nice car and they get all hyper!
post #8 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 11:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
Happened to me last week, other guy was in a rusty old pickup! i think most of these jerks just want to see you get on it - maybe hoping that you'll get pulled over by the cops.
It's almost like they see a nice car and they get all hyper!
Probably forgot to take their meds

May 2014 MC Member of the Month!
post #9 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

I think some people get insulted when another car pulls up and revs at them. I think its cool. And I myself have done it to others. I don't take it as offensive, just as another muscle car acknowledging my car. But then again, I love attention...so even if they are being pricks I probably would just be glad I got noticed, lol!!

A few years ago my buddy had a yellow 98 Mustang Cobra with a Roush body kit. His car was supercharged and everything...loud as heck. I had my 03 GT at the time. So one time I'm coming down the road and notice him coming the opposite way. He didn't notice me at all. As soon as he got near I dropped into 1st gear and nailed the gas and blasted him, lol!! He called me immediately laughing. But then he got me back a few weeks later the same way. I love hearing cars roar down the road, even the imports (the fast ones). I think its more of a car guy thing. You see another sports car, you blast him. Lol!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #10 of 37 Old 05-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
i had it happen a few weeks ago.. gave her hell off the line, so did he, i made it to speed limit and stopped accelerating.. he however kept his foot on the floor. Had I been nice, i would have told him my radar detector was going off just sitting at the light.. but I am not known for being nice.. about 1/4 mile up the road, he was pulled over.. sad..

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page