Looking at a 2011 SS - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 05-30-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
xxSkullZxx

Garage
Looking at a 2011 SS

Guys, a local Chevy Dealer has a 2011 2SS in Cyber Gray, Automatic transmission with 57k miles on it for $24,900? Is a car to look at or do you think the miles may be too high? I have been thinking of trading my V6 2LS for a used SS.

2012 V6 IOM./ Borla axel back exhaust/ K&N Cold Air Intake/ 18" TSW Matte Black Mugello wheels, 35 % Tinting, Matte Black Rally Stripes, Matte Black Fade Gill Stripes, Matte Black Fender Hash Stripes, Tail Light and Side Marker Black Outs and Solid Black Bowties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

3 years 57K is slightly over average, but not too bad for mileage ... Official Kelley Blue Book New Car and Used Car Prices and Values put a Camaro Coupe SS (I didn't select a 1SS or 2SS, but I think it priced a 1SS looking at the options) with 57K in excellent condition by private party in my zip code at $24498 ... so if the one you are looking at matches, he has some bargaining room.

I just noticed yours is at a dealer, so that price would probably be higher if you worked those numbers.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 16 Old 05-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSkullZxx View Post
Guys, a local Chevy Dealer has a 2011 2SS in Cyber Gray, Automatic transmission with 57k miles on it for $24,900? Is a car to look at or do you think the miles may be too high? I have been thinking of trading my V6 2LS for a used SS.
I would back off cause of the miles and try and find something with lower miles

See my items on www.amazon.com

Seller Name: Muscle Car Memories

post #4 of 16 Old 05-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

Did you check Ebay or autoshopper.com? Also you can find some deals on Craigslist. You can find the 2010 - 2012 SS with way less miles for around like mid $20K to low $30K. You might have to travel a bit. Or some of them might even ship it to their closest sister dealer.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #5 of 16 Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 AM

if you think the car is what you want go for it, it's a 2ss, that's a plus, I don't think mileage is as important as service history, if the car has a good record with 57,000 miles that's a good sign, people buy car all the time with low miles and find out they were traded in because they were lemons. the dealer probably can print the entire history of the car for you to check out.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Support MC & Troops

Its a bit high, in mileage..(IMO) I'd look at its body, interior, the entire drive train, IMO.. if they have abused it or took-en real good care, of it (??),
I'd also look at the documents, that's w/the car.. not every one will do service through the dealer, but keeps a log of the work done & maintenance.
I like the lower mileage.. thing, but that really doesn't change much, a low mileage Camaro can still get beat up, just as much as a high mileage one
No matter what, go with what makes you happy.. Its what I did & never looked back

Let us know what you decide to do, post pics if you do get it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #7 of 16 Old 06-04-2014, 10:47 AM

Garage
Research the documents. run a car fax. If the dealer doesn't want to provide you with one then pay 39 bucks and run your on Car fax.
Then, drive that bad boy! If you like it, then work the salesman over real good and get that price down to your comfort zone.
By the way, compare the 1ss to the 2ss. The 2ss has a lot of cool features that you may not find on the 1ss. However, the 1ss isn't as heavy!
I've looked at the 2014 Camaros lately. My favorite was a 1SS 1LE. 6 speed. I loved that car. Nothing fancy, but I'm easily pleased.

Last edited by mpb74; 06-04-2014 at 10:56 AM.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-05-2014, 05:40 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpb74 View Post
Research the documents. run a car fax. If the dealer doesn't want to provide you with one then pay 39 bucks and run your on Car fax.
Then, drive that bad boy! If you like it, then work the salesman over real good and get that price down to your comfort zone.
By the way, compare the 1ss to the 2ss. The 2ss has a lot of cool features that you may not find on the 1ss. However, the 1ss isn't as heavy!
I've looked at the 2014 Camaros lately. My favorite was a 1SS 1LE. 6 speed. I loved that car. Nothing fancy, but I'm easily pleased.
Nice, you find the one you like yet ?... OH.. Um.. I think's all 5gen(s) are 6speed +

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #9 of 16 Old 06-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
might be all highway miles.. It's not like camaro's have a power train issue over time.. i would do it.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #10 of 16 Old 07-07-2014, 04:38 PM

That price is pretty good too, so even with the mileage, might be worth some consideration. It really depends what you can afford because with lower mileage you'll probably end up spending more.

I'd check the tires to get a hint if the previous owner took care of it. Service records available maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page