Question about NA Package Price vs Supercharger Package - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-03-2014, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Question about NA Package Price vs Supercharger Package

Would you rather have the 660hp NA package for $13k or one of the two $11k supercharger packages for the 2014 Camaro Z28?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-03-2014, 05:36 PM

a package is only as good as its components and the end result being what you want:

AS in I spent x amount of money for a build of my ls3 to be naturally aspirated at about 550 crank and still get over 20mpg hwy and not have to worry about parts replacement of failure of supercharger, let alone the lack of forged bottom end, or lack of fuel economy or lack of a supercharger oriented cam.

If I had done a supercharger build what would it entail? forging the bottom end/pistons, or just a slap on supercharger and blessing to the whole rotating assembly by maybe sprinkling a part or two such as a ls2 tensioner or a cr5 timing chain? it does matter as if I am going to hurt my economy that bad, hey why not make the 660 h.p. naturally aspirated engine supercharged? and get even more? or why not not blow the rear end to smithereens and do a lot of upgrades to the suspension which I am with out even having to do more for a blower upgrade and then thinking afterward well I should have built the bottom end and that piston would not have melted or yada yada with the airfuel leaning out form needing better fuel pump and tuning and sprayers etc........ Its a lot to take in.

ANd with a supercharger it gets into a heavy can of worms of heat soak issues etc, and the gain to 660 h.p. with a ls7 is much more cheaply attainable than a 13k package, if I can gain to 550 from 426 with a cai, long tubes a tune and a cam and the cost is a few thousand going from 505 to 650 should be comparable. And that's a little step for a ls7 build N/A. so taking it all into account, well I would most likely say the supercharger is more likely a better deal with the parts involved unless its a lot more extensive build to make the whole rotating assembly forged for the n/a setup thus leaving you more strength for forced induction in the future... And well option three, I would rather have the money and not the z28 as my cars a daily driver, and a z28 would be a investment to sit on not alter for my grandkids future resale............ lol

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #3 of 7 Old 06-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Would you rather have the 660hp NA package for $13k or one of the two $11k supercharger packages for the 2014 Camaro Z28?
To get 660 hp out of a NA engine would take serious displacement. Like 427 or a 454. Probably the 454. And it probably wouldn't be a very streetable car. A supercharged LS3/L99 can see 600+ hp pretty easily with additional bolt-ons. And the car will be very streetable on pump gas. The stock rotating assembly can definitely handle that kind of power as long as you have a good tune. Just throwing a supercharger on an otherwise stock SS can get you over 550 rwhp. If you're looking to make good streetable power without spending a lot of money, then a supercharger is the way to go. As far as the pricing you listed, you can get complete packages with install and tuning for a lot less than $11K. Check the vendors on the forums and you'll see some really good deals. Just curious tho, which kit are you looking at for the supercharger and the NA packages? Where did you get those prices?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 7 Old 06-04-2014, 04:29 AM
Support MC & Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
To get 660 hp out of a NA engine would take serious displacement. Like 427 or a 454. Probably the 454. And it probably wouldn't be a very streetable car. A supercharged LS3/L99 can see 600+ hp pretty easily with additional bolt-ons. And the car will be very streetable on pump gas. The stock rotating assembly can definitely handle that kind of power as long as you have a good tune. Just throwing a supercharger on an otherwise stock SS can get you over 550 rwhp. If you're looking to make good streetable power without spending a lot of money, then a supercharger is the way to go. As far as the pricing you listed, you can get complete packages with install and tuning for a lot less than $11K. Check the vendors on the forums and you'll see some really good deals. Just curious tho, which kit are you looking at for the supercharger and the NA packages? Where did you get those prices?
w/ Chapel.. the ZL1 has 580HP stock from the factory by the way

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #5 of 7 Old 06-04-2014, 06:54 PM

lol he was talking about a ls7 in a z28 at 427 cubes< I don't know where he saw these packages and he gives no h.p. numbers for the superchargers so I imagine they could easily eclipse the n/a figure heck.....and he gives no specifics ......... hello are you there dude? must be buried in a book.........lol

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #6 of 7 Old 06-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevelle View Post
lol he was talking about a ls7 in a z28 at 427 cubes< I don't know where he saw these packages and he gives no h.p. numbers for the superchargers so I imagine they could easily eclipse the n/a figure heck.....and he gives no specifics ......... hello are you there dude? must be buried in a book.........lol
LOL. It might not be a LS7. The LS7 would need a lot of help to get to the hp hes talking about. Matter of fact, I don't even think you could get that much out of a pushrod with 427 cubic inches. At least not at the wheels. I'd have to say it would be very expensive to build and probably wouldn't be able to be driven on the street. Even a supercharger won't make 660 hp to the wheels at safe boost levels without other mods. Considering the prices, hes probably looking at a supercharger with headers and a custom cam and probably some other mods as well. But details would be nice. Its hard to give advice without enough information to go on. But give him some time, this thread is only a day old, lol!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Support MC & Troops

... I was buried in me books yesterday..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page