Camaro headed to the UK - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Camaro headed to the UK

Source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...et_camaro.html

Chevrolet Camaro

If the name Chevrolet makes you think of US muscle cars rather than re-badged Daewoos, here's some good news

By Chris Thorp
01st September 2006
With same look as Camaro concept seen at Detroit this year, newcomer is destined to appear in UK showrooms

General Motors has confirmed that a modern-day Camaro will go into production late next year, and Auto Express can exclusively reveal it's on the way here.

Ready to cash in on drivers' love of retro muscle cars, Chevrolet has stated that the production Camaro will be

As it's based on GM's global rear-wheel-drive platform, there is nothing to stop the stunning performance machine being converted to right-hand drive - and Chevy UK top brass are desperate to get it to Britain by 2009.

However, Vauxhall also has plans for the Camaro's platform. The mechanicals will underpin the next Omega, which is now due to be revealed late in 2007.

Ready to cash in on drivers' love of retro muscle cars, Chevrolet has stated that the production Camaro will be "almost identical" to the concept car shown here. It will be produced at the Oshawa plant in Ontario, Canada.

Buyers can expect a bulging bonnet, distinctive wheelarches and huge alloys. The Camaro will come with a V6 or V8 engine and auto or manual gearboxes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

I think it's a good idea to market it in Europe as well.
More market = more sales. Maybe not a ton more, but every sale counts.

Hmm, do I smell a 5th Gen version of the "export tail lights" happening?

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #3 of 8 Old 09-05-2006, 05:39 PM

I Dont think the camaro will become successfull in UK its a big muscle car which i thought no body wants in UK

post #4 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 06:42 AM

Garage
but they do like american cars in europe!
post #5 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna be a 5th gen owner View Post
but they do like american cars in europe!
They do? I thought American cars were mostly laughed at in Europe as oversized, ill handling barges with poor fuel economy.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 06:49 AM

Garage
they buy vette's! I think it would only be natural for them like us who can not afford a vette to buy a camaro!
post #7 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

They buy vettes? Sure, but how many?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-06-2006, 07:07 AM

Garage
I don't really know for sure I just know that they are purchased in europe or exported from the u.s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page