What do you like most about your Camaro? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

What do you like most about your Camaro?

I see ALOT of threads on here with people complaining about this, that and the other so I wanted to start this thread about what it is you LIKE about your Camaro!

I will go 1st, My Camaro is a 2014 1SS....

1. The redesign of the front and rear end of the 2014's and yes the tailights. The new rear end and tailights give the 2014's a cleaner look at the rear end and I love the new aggressive front end and the overall style, thats what keeps me coming back.

2. The sweet V8

3. The 6spd with the Hurst Shifter

4. NPP Exhaust

5. Drivability

6. Build quality over my 5.0 that I had.

See my items on www.amazon.com

Seller Name: Muscle Car Memories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I had the 2010 and everyone knows how much i loved that one...Well i like the 2014 even more and yes i wasn't crazy about tail lights but some how on the white it really looks good... I love the spring edition package...love the touch screen radio (mylink).. love the colored heads up display just love it all

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
I had the 2010 and everyone knows how much i loved that one...Well i like the 2014 even more and yes i wasn't crazy about tail lights but some how on the white it really looks good... I love the spring edition package...love the touch screen radio (mylink).. love the colored heads up display just love it all
Yea it took me a little bit on the tailights but if you look at the 2010+ vs the 2014 tailights, the 2014's has a way cleaner look at the rear end, thats my opinion anyway maybe not everyone's.

See my items on www.amazon.com

Seller Name: Muscle Car Memories

post #4 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 08:17 PM

Garage
I like that even after four years people come up to me and tell me what a sweet car I have!

November 2013 MOTM
post #5 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member

not everyones but I'm not trying to start that up again

I just love everything

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #6 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 08:47 PM
xxSkullZxx

Garage
I love the fact the every time I am at a stop light and there are others either driving by or turning that I can see their heads turn and give a look. My Camaro is nothing special as 2LS, but I have made it look pretty awesome with some basic mods and after market additions. Plus I can guarantee that there isn't another IOM Camaro that is exactly like mine anywhere. Oh and its plenty speedy as well!

2012 V6 IOM./ Borla axel back exhaust/ K&N Cold Air Intake/ 18" TSW Matte Black Mugello wheels, 35 % Tinting, Matte Black Rally Stripes, Matte Black Fade Gill Stripes, Matte Black Fender Hash Stripes, Tail Light and Side Marker Black Outs and Solid Black Bowties!
post #7 of 42 Old 06-28-2014, 10:26 PM

the value for dollar, 323 horses & sexy as hell for $23k, done deal..

more specifically,
square fenders & quad taillights, low stance, gives it a corvette feel, honestly, this with the great engine is what sold me the car.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 06-28-2014 at 10:31 PM.
post #8 of 42 Old 06-29-2014, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Love the looks I get all day long. Just seeing people drooling....makes me SMILE

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #9 of 42 Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 AM

I had a 2011 convertible 2ss/rs in black and traded up for a 2013 in the color I wanted.

1. I have a 2013 with the more retro chrome enhanced cooler looking taillights and angular less plastic rounded rear end without a huge rear diffuser, ( I did not like the rear on the refresh).... fronts not so bad but kind of hides the lights.

2. Its crystal red tint coat so it gets compliments from not only its style but the paint.

3. It came with the options I wanted, npp exhaust, a manual not auto, a hardtop with a sunroof, and a heritage grill along with the CRT color and footwell and cup holder lighting and I much prefer the looks of the heritage grill over the egg crate, and do not have to mess with it being black with a black top to treat for water repellant and worry about replacing over time....sure I work outside most the time anyway and the convertible was nice yes, but rare to use....you had to place the tonneau cover on was kind of a pain then had to remove it and it weighed more....and had a trunk so much smaller with no reach through, I live in rainy Oregon and get enough sun burn in the summer ..lol

4. The aftermarket cam and headers with the CAI and tune: I get comments on how nice it sounds and love the old school feel, and the seat of the pants and get loud when I want it stomp on it loose traction with TC on womp on it and use fifth gear and third gear more friggin kick azz cam I chose.

5. Of course the handling, I have been working on beefing it up and hav e BMR toes and trailing arms, and shock tower brace so far, next year its eaton true trac, 3:91 gears and my Lpw cover I have waiting with my delrin upper control arm bushings that are waiting also and poly carrier bushings waiting and cradle bushings so it can survive and not wheel hop and rev more to match up better with the cam. Down the road its adjustable sways for body roll.

6. Customization, of course it would be a bummer to drive exactly what everyone else drives...other wise we would all be in minivans. The ls3 is easier to build than the l99, I would have stayed with a automatic yet had to void the warranty to tune it as the "sport" mode is weak...very weak compared to a shift kitted old school tranny, and paddle shifting well not my bag of tea if its not on the stick its kind of gimmicky and stock it was not that great like the pull of a stick bangin through the gears. Custom graphics are easy enough to affix yourself and badging, and custom lighting and of course custom wheels.

I am one of those people who specifically chose to go 13 over 14 and knew exactly what I would not get with a 13 over 14 and to give up the chance to throw $2k down the toilet for recaros...... no and a color hud not just blue...oh well, the out sides do matter so much more and taste is subjective as far as appearance goes , though the front end was not that bad and the little air flow nice like a wanna be zl1 the rear ugggggggg I imagine some aftermarket company will make something to improve the tail lights or the giant diffuser look let alone the fit a license plate in the four foot section made for it........ I already had all the real upgrades that mattered like electric power steering and fe4 suspension, retro mirror with back up on the mylink and dual power seats covered. The superficial refresh was something I was all about avoiding as to me and many others it was and is a fail, and as a package kind of sad they did not go even more retro as its what attracted us to these cars along with power. Imagine lights that were like a real old ss/rs that retracted.... a functioning cowl induction hood, or even better functioning hood scoop. And how about some bling..... say a v-8 retro emblem saying 376 or v-8 like we are proud of it not just for vette owners..... Or tiny little ss emblems and a mail slot to differentiate being given to larger and say hey: fender flares in the back....theres a lot I could have designed into the Camaro but hey I am not some g.m. chosen one with out old school taste. And well I am kind of glad the 14s are different so much I do not really like them that much as it makes my 13 that much more special as the pinnacle of the 5th gen Camaro ss. Wish it was a zl1....sort of, but not when I am at the gas station or on a long cruise watching the gas gauge I have about 540 flywheel h.p. now and 500 torque N.A. And if it was a zl1 it would be just another addiction to mod and then....why not a 2.9 liter whipple? why not a larger intercooler etc etc man its spendy...........lol And I look forward to someday having mine done with the big buck stuff. We all should love our cars unless we got a lemon, and eventually those who want mod them as its hotrodding roots. And of course just like going to a car show no two cars hopefully are exactly the same just as ours can be.

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....

Last edited by christianchevelle; 06-29-2014 at 07:58 AM.
post #10 of 42 Old 07-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

Garage
1. It's PAID FOR!

2. It's always there, ready for anything I can dish out.

3. Keeps me young. (in my mind)

4. As old as it is, I still get daily complements from total strangers.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page