e3 sparkplugs a good plug to buy? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 07-20-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

e3 sparkplugs a good plug to buy?

Am going to upgrade to a better wire the granetteli zero impedance wires, and have done some digging and the E3-54 plugs seem to be a good idea to try on my Camaro to get the flame front larger and more completely combust the fuel. Anyone have experience with them? I am most likely going to try them no matter what anyway...lol because they are sure to out perform the stock plugs, and phastek sells them amongst others, I searched on summit and jegs and they do not have exactly the same numbers or that they match... but hey theres a lot of discrepancies amongst just parts houses having the right info, but I trust phastek except their price on the plugs at 5.95 each does not match the 5.95 eachx8= 59.oo...lol though the granetteli wires are cheaper there than at granetteli........

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member

I tried E3 Spark Plugs back in 2002 on my SS Camaro and in 2004 on a Tahoe. Both times, I had mis-fires on certain cylinders that would cause both vehicles to surge when trying to accelerate and throw codes. After the dealership diagnosed which cylinders were mis-firing, I removed and replaced the spark plugs and never had a problem again.

So, not only did I try them once, but I tried them twice. Same results both times. Not sure why you're asking for advice when you seem set in your ways.....?! Good luck nonetheless. Hopefully they've improved in the last decade.
post #3 of 14 Old 07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Garage
CC,

Do yourself a favor and read the Snake Oil thread.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 14 Old 07-21-2014, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #5 of 14 Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Premium Member

put them in my Chrysler 300C with the hemi, not a notable difference

Big Daddy
Macon, GA
post #6 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevelle View Post
Am going to upgrade to a better wire the granetteli zero impedance wires, and have done some digging and the E3-54 plugs seem to be a good idea to try on my Camaro to get the flame front larger and more completely combust the fuel. Anyone have experience with them? I am most likely going to try them no matter what anyway...lol because they are sure to out perform the stock plugs, and phastek sells them amongst others, I searched on summit and jegs and they do not have exactly the same numbers or that they match... but hey theres a lot of discrepancies amongst just parts houses having the right info, but I trust phastek except their price on the plugs at 5.95 each does not match the 5.95 eachx8= 59.oo...lol though the granetteli wires are cheaper there than at granetteli........
If it makes you feel any better 5.95 X 8 is only 47.60

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #7 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

still am thinking of going with a better wire even after reading the snake oil thread, think I should do some more reading on tests if there are any of the wires by other than granetteli...... BTW just joined the 500 rwhp club most likely, just added a vmax throttle body to my already 491 rwhp car via mustang dyno, next is a fluidampr 25% underdrive, then going back to building up on the rear for next tax seasons return for a 3.91 and eaton posi install along with all the poly bushings I have left to go in and the lpw cover.

post #8 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member

there you go with that tax return thing again ... I wish I knew what they were ... I get taxed but have no idea what a tax return is

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #9 of 14 Old 07-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

I only use ac delco plugs, tried many others in the past. Worst for me was ngk. Wires I use Taylor.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #10 of 14 Old 07-30-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
I only use ac delco plugs, tried many others in the past. Worst for me was ngk. Wires I use Taylor.
Not sure how it is now, but back in days that I owned a Saturn S-Series, the AC Delco plugs that were specified for it were made by NGK. Owners would buy the NGK's because they cost less and were the exact same part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page