Is your Interior noisy? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 07-29-2014, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Is your Interior noisy?

Just a quick question...
Is the interior of your 5th gens to loud. I'm not talking about the sweat note produced by mashing the pedal... This is more towards tire noise leaking in (especially in certain states where the roads have a certain compound) & some aftermarket exhaust that can annoy the ear everyday or on long trips..

The reason I'm asking is that we had came up with a product a while back for the C6 Corvette. The C6 has practically no insulation and the cockpit is extremely noisy. The product has 4 layers made with real acoustical materials and simply lays right over your existing carpet/rubber. It is pre cut & It takes 30 seconds to drop it in. It does a great job suppressing and absorbing irritating noise..

So we wanted to know if most of the 5thgen guys suffer from this too? I'm asking because we would make custom pre cut mats for you guys too.

Just thought I'd ask.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
The cars are very quiet until you start modding them. Then it is usually some drone from the exhaust. Can you make a piece for the trunk too?

How much does this stuff weigh?

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #3 of 15 Old 07-29-2014, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
The cars are very quiet until you start modding them. Then it is usually some drone from the exhaust. Can you make a piece for the trunk too?

How much does this stuff weigh?
Its worse in the c6's because besides little to no insulation, and the cargo area being a big resonating drum, the runflats are loud. Even when they switch to a softer compound or non runflat.....better but still a problem.
I was not sure if the tires against certain roads (like concrete...etc) was an issue with the 5th gens.

This all came up because a friend of mine did change out the exhaust and he complained. (He knows about our product and thought it would be a good idea)

Its pre- cut so you can just drop it in.
It weights about 14 lbs for the C6 and thats a big cargo area.
BUT if you intend to race and weight is and issue.......take it out. It takes even less time to remove(10 seconds...)

I'm getting some good feedback regarding this. I appreciate your input!

post #4 of 15 Old 07-29-2014, 09:09 PM

the Camaro is much better because it has a closed trunk which seals off the rear tires noise, the corvettes are bad because they are hatchbacks. I was actually very impressed with how quiet the cabin was on my test drive. the indexing windows help a lot too.

the 4th gen Camaros could really use some sound dampening though.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
the Camaro is much better because it has a closed trunk which seals off the rear tires noise, the corvettes are bad because they are hatchbacks. I was actually very impressed with how quiet the cabin was on my test drive. the indexing windows help a lot too.

the 4th gen Camaros could really use some sound dampening though.
Thank you for your reply....and you are correct. BUT you would be surprised how certain road surfaces (TX, Ca...etc) can make tires howl which can still leak in. This is what we where looking into. Plus certain aftermarket exhausts seem to resonate and create irritating cabin noise. We have been hearing both ends of the spectrum. From "quiet as heck" to "yea I tore up the trunk and laid down sound deadening.." More quiet then not but I'm not 100% sure there's no need.
I could not think of a better way to receive information/ opinions from a vast majority then to reach out on the forum. so thank you.

Yes the Camaro is quieter then the C6 but that's like saying "Doc" is the smartest seven dwarf... (the c6 is a nightmare)
Ed
post #6 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 07:42 AM

Garage
Compared to my pick up truck, the Camaro lets in more road noise.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Support MC & Troops

Shadow is so...............quite can't tell the motor is running unless I look at the H.U.D. or gauges.. not to say, once you MOD that all goes away.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #8 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
Compared to my pick up truck, the Camaro lets in more road noise.
I noticed your from CA. The roads in CA seem to create a lot of tire noise.
Based on the C6 sales of the Blockit, TX 1st, CA was 2nd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodhoodrat View Post
Shadow is so...............quite can't tell the motor is running unless I look at the H.U.D. or gauges.. not to say, once you MOD that all goes away.

Yea even a simple cat back bothered my buddy. BUT everyone is different. I personally like a little noise. But my car is a week end warrior, so I don't mind.

Your sig is awesome...

To start, I'm just looking to get an idea/feel for if there is a need to quiet down the interior. If yes, I'll start running more tests, see if the trunk mat would help (or if its coming through another area), send samples out to members....etc
All your feed back is great. Please keep it coming - Ed
post #9 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Premium Member

Garage
After reading this, I must say yes mine is a little noisey sometimes on some roads. I will hear something and look around to the left to see if the window is open a little but of course it isn't. Seems to come from the right rear seat area not the left seat side, makes me wonder if some factory insulation is missing. But with over 57K miles on it I just kind of ignore it.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #10 of 15 Old 07-30-2014, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
After reading this, I must say yes mine is a little noisey sometimes on some roads. I will hear something and look around to the left to see if the window is open a little but of course it isn't. Seems to come from the right rear seat area not the left seat side, makes me wonder if some factory insulation is missing. But with over 57K miles on it I just kind of ignore it.

And there ya have it.... Good ol TX. As mentioned above, for the C6 it was by far the state we sold the most Blockit sound deadeners too. The roads are either concrete and or a compound the DOT lays and its makes the tires howl. The right seat thingy for the Camaro.... sounds like a panel is missing or there is a hole (from the factory) is there for possibly wire looms ...etc and the sound leaks in.

I'm still interested in if anyone anywhere has an aftermarket exhaust and what they think.

Ed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page