Installed a mild to wild switch for my NPP dual mode - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-13-2014, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Installed a mild to wild switch for my NPP dual mode

Well after looking at some video on the net of mild to wild switches operating on a corvette they showed it operating with the car sitting at a idle to move the activator on the exhaust which you could see.... SO I got one from west coast corvette via the internet $75 and installed it in the fuse box in the trunk and went out back of the car to try it and well..... I frankly wondered if it would work as on the corvette.... and it did not. The thing only works when driving because I guess it is true the dual mode is open at idle already running through the straight pipe..?
Anyway driving it I could switch it on and off when in lower rpm levels to hear the nicer louder sound..( I already have headers and a cam)...but it also made me feel sort of that the normal mode on is more quiet than I ever really noticed before when just tooling around town 40mph and below.

I did notice also it would do in the lower rpm levels the nice "burbling" decel sound when it slows down (deceleration).... like when you let off the gas on a semi. Overall I would rate it as good and worth it. I just installed it and want to get it on the freeway and hear it and bet it sounds real nice.
I did the install on the homelink on the car (also that came with the instructions which are meant for a corvette or zl1), and will have to try that out too as the 2 remotes both worked well even with the thing installed in the trunk, and the install took about 15 minutes.

I just wonder if others here have the switch with similar results? and how they feel about it. I think I may just use it once in a while to annoy ricers back.... lol, I already love the dual mode and wish I could make it be quieter in the mornings for my neighbors but hey.... I guess you can't have it all, and being a little noisier for many is worth it when you get to hear that sweet sound that's usually quieter when driving in the city.... (dual mode does not really open up to straight pipe unless going 3500+ rpm).

Also just got my fluidampr 25% UDP installed, they kind of left a few little scratches around the edge of the front pulley from the installer ..... But hey its still prettier than the stock balancer/pulley and much better insurance with my stock single roller timing chain for now. It cost $350 online and I really cannot feel any difference as the car already rocks from my radical cam I just want it to deal with the vibrations in the crank and chain that are so much more than a stock cam. Its my birthday this month and thanks to you all I am the member of the month too..... just had to buy myself a few presents and when your a motorhead like we are...... Its for the Camaro! Have a great day!

Any feed back is welcome, I will also tell you the belt that was on the instructions for the fluidampr was the wrong number as it did not measure what they specify and I had to get one 1" shorter for the UDP. And summit had the instructions on their site though I bought it from MVP motorsports via Amazon for the cheapest price, and bought a stock ac belt as its a cut and replace... and a stock balancer bolt from the local chevy dealer. I notice no difference in the performance of the electrical system which is what is underdriven on a 2013 as my idle for my m6 car is 900 now with a cam. And would never want to underdrive the AC like some UDP balancers....I love the AC too much in the summer heat! I think I will stick a pic of the new UDP on here for you all as pic is worth a thousand words..........

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2014, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2014, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Btw I use the switch in the mornings for people sleeping to keep it quieter, and love the deeper sound down low now when the dual mode is turned off, it alleviated any problem ever with exhaust backfiring mildly from backpressure from quick changes of exhaust mode and really sounds more awesome when decelerating down low in town. It makes me want to hear my exhaust more, and when I want stealth mode its there........

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page