Modern Camaro Forums banner

How Hard to Add Foglights?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  JWD621 
#1 ·
HOw hard is it to add fog lights to a base car with none? I happen to have already replaced the dash light control switch to one with the fog light button. So in a perfect world the wiring would already installed from the dash down to the front bumper so all I would have to do is buy factory lights, install & lug them in...

could it really be this simple?

thanks

#2 ·
wow I simply did the wire harness mod to make my DRL's work as fogs by cross wiring them with the sidemarkers..and adding 13watt LED's and they are bright..... and it also makes the halos always stay on.....and the DRL's stay on with the headlights..... found the info on gen5diy? or somewhere... its just doing two jumper wires form one wire on one harness to the other

#4 ·
I found this, this is the best option I could find so far, this seems much better than buying parts individually off ebay because this is a complete kit with a special designed harness & everything and it even has a 50watt LED option.

LS Camaro Fog Lamp Kit

#6 ·
#7 ·
I added the "fog lights" or "DRL's" depending on who you talk to to my 2LS by simply tapping into the side marker lamps. I ordered mine form phastekperformance.com and installed them in like 30-40 minutes and I know NOTHING about cars!

The best way to do it is to use a jack and take off your front tires. Then undo the 3 nuts holding the fender well lining in place. Pull that back to gain access to the fog light holders. Pop out the black place holders and insert the new light kits and new bezzles. Clamp the wires from the fog lights onto the wires that lead to the side marker lamps. Check to make sure they work and put everything back together. Easy peezy!!

#8 ·
I see that kit already comes with the LED's, I wonder how much power they actually draw, I would be worried about over loading the circuit for those side markers, I already have HID's with a relay control unit that runs off the battery, so I could wire the fog lights to my loose headlight harness... that would definitely have plenty of power to run the fogs.. but it would be easier to get the other kit with the easy plug in harness and get the LED's separately.

#9 ·
Mine have been installed for over a year now and I have had zero power or overload issues. BTW, how much did the HID lights run you and did you do them yourself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.