Interesting Link and My Review - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

Interesting Link and My Review

This may be of interest to some. My experiences were the same with this shop's tune and other work that was done. For example, when I paid them to install new gears, they had to remove the exhaust to complete the work. The owner refused to put my old exhaust back on and said I either had to buy a new one or he could "try" to put the old one back on but he would probably charge me just as much as a new one. WTF? That should be part of the install. I can't imagine it was that bad because it was a fairly new (>1 year) LG exhaust. I was over 300 miles away from home and my options were limited. I was po'd at the time but tried to look at the bright side. I bought his only available exhaust and decided to have him install cutouts to at least get some benefit (they did do a good job on the install of exhaust and QTP cutouts). Over time I kept hearing stories about this place (blown engines, poor tunes, incorrect components used, etc). People's written experiences and the fact the the shop sent me on my way with belt slip made me uneasy about the tune and led me to get the car checked out (and remove the infamous ZR1 plugs). The feedback from the new tuner was entertaining to say the least.

Last edited by StreetSS; 09-01-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 10:04 AM

I went to the site....you may want to ask your atty for his opinion on what your doing....I see some statements you made that are absolutely slander and libel actionable, and you wont want to incur the costs your about to legally.

I am all for discussing issues, but outright slander like this will not end well. Plenty of case studies for you to see the out-come if he pursues it legally. IMHO I would take that site down ASAP.
post #3 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

True that. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence and hardly any factual evidence. Throwing up a graph and drawing arrows on it SAYING it was Janetty's tune doesn't necessarily make it so. I'm not saying you didn't have a bad experience. Because you're unhappy with the work done, you have a right to complain about it to Jannetty, but to actively pursue trying to hurt someone's business without facts could get you in hot water. You can tell your story to those that will listen, but only YOUR fact-filled story and not conjecture. There's a difference between shoddy work and deliberate intent to scam. I agree with SC2150 on this one. Tread lightly.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.

post #4 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Thanks for the info, I have heard a lot of negative stuff about this outfit before. I will never use them.
post #5 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Jannetty Racing S C A M - Jannetty Racing Enterprises Scam █▬█ █ ▀█▀

This may be of interest to some. My experiences were the same with this shop's tune and other work that was done. For example, when I paid them to install new gears, they had to remove the exhaust to complete the work. The owner refused to put my old exhaust back on and said I either had to buy a new one or he could "try" to put the old one back on but he would probably charge me just as much as a new one. WTF? That should be part of the install. I can't imagine it was that bad because it was a fairly new (>1 year) LG exhaust. I was over 300 miles away from home and my options were limited. I was po'd at the time but tried to look at the bright side. I bought his only available exhaust and decided to have him install cutouts to at least get some benefit (they did do a good job on the install of exhaust and QTP cutouts). Over time I kept hearing stories about this place (blown engines, poor tunes, incorrect components used, etc). People's written experiences and the fact the the shop sent me on my way with belt slip made me uneasy about the tune and led me to get the car checked out (and remove the infamous ZR1 plugs). The feedback from the new tuner was entertaining to say the least.
Off thread but I thought cut outs were illegal in Virginia? Inquiring minds want to know? TIA.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #6 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
Off thread but I thought cut outs were illegal in Virginia? Inquiring minds want to know? TIA.
That is correct. They were no problem with the safety inspection though.
post #7 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
I went to the site....you may want to ask your atty for his opinion on what your doing....I see some statements you made that are absolutely slander and libel actionable, and you wont want to incur the costs your about to legally.

I am all for discussing issues, but outright slander like this will not end well. Plenty of case studies for you to see the out-come if he pursues it legally. IMHO I would take that site down ASAP.
It s not my site. My expriences are above. Truth is the ultmate defense for libel.
post #8 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
True that. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence and hardly any factual evidence. Throwing up a graph and drawing arrows on it SAYING it was Janetty's tune doesn't necessarily make it so. I'm not saying you didn't have a bad experience. Because you're unhappy with the work done, you have a right to complain about it to Jannetty, but to actively pursue trying to hurt someone's business without facts could get you in hot water. You can tell your story to those that will listen, but only YOUR fact-filled story and not conjecture. There's a difference between shoddy work and deliberate intent to scam. I agree with SC2150 on this one. Tread lightly.
Once again. Not my site. Sorry to try to help inform people.
post #9 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 PM

this Jannenty is obviously a joker, I've heard complaint after complaint about them. with such a simple mod as in that story, tuning should have been a piece of cake.. I don't see anything that is slanderous on your site. It's not slander as along as your story is true. Slander is when someone purposely lie in order to damage someones reputation and hurt their business. In order to win a slander lawsuit the plaintiff has to 1. prove that the statements were lies and that the defendant purposely lied and 2. proof that the plaintiff actually incurred loses due to the slander.

a scam & shoddy work is the same thing, shoddy work is a form of scamming. Looking at that graph it's as if they didn't even tune it at all which would be the ultimate form of scam.

Truthfully though if you really want to voice your dissatisfaction with this joker give him a ****ty review on yp.com (yellow pages), yelp, or other popular websites.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 09-01-2014 at 06:30 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 09-01-2014, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

2010 2SS/RS M6 Rally Yellow
Pretty much all stock except Muffler delete, K&N Air filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page