2014 Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

2014 Camaro

I am getting a new 2014 Camaro Lt1 Rs next month. Is it worth the cost to upgrade the stereo to the Boston Acoustics premium system? I want to leave the car stock, no hacking on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Veteran Member

If you're gonna leave it stock, no aftermarket speakers, not even an aftermarket head unit, then I'd say go for the MyLink upgrade with the BA system and leave it alone. I have the BA system in it stock. And I installed a Kenwood head unit earlier this year. And since then, I blew two of my rear speakers. So like I said, if you're not gonna change anything at all, then go for it.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 7 Old 10-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
If you're gonna leave it stock, no aftermarket speakers, not even an aftermarket head unit, then I'd say go for the MyLink upgrade with the BA system and leave it alone. I have the BA system in it stock. And I installed a Kenwood head unit earlier this year. And since then, I blew two of my rear speakers. So like I said, if you're not gonna change anything at all, then go for it.
Hard on those speakers huh? HaaaHHaaaa

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 7 Old 10-03-2014, 09:10 PM

I would agree on the suggestion to get Mylink. We just got a 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel with Mylink and it is very impressive.

2SS L99, CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 headers and Kooks hi flow cats, MBRP Exhaust, Full Dyno Tune. BMR G8 Trailing Arms and Rear Toe Rods, Factory GFX, Devils Tail Side Stripes, Side Vent Stripes, Synergy Green Door Panels and SS Grill & Trunk Badges .

2011 2SS Synergy Green
post #5 of 7 Old 10-04-2014, 07:22 AM
ユキヒョウ

I'm also impressed with the Mylink in my Sonic.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #6 of 7 Old 10-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
The BA system has proven venerable to me. A lot of folks don't know that there is a "break in" procedure for audio equipment! Yup, that's right. Don't just get in there and crank it to the max! Some very high end stuff gets this treatment in advance of being boxed up for sale but most don't.

Speaker surrounds should be "worked in" thru gradually increasing movement and amps like to burn in slowly.... I did a controlled and measured break in of my BA system and it sounds **** good for only 245 watts! Sounds even better with the add on sub/enclosure (12" Kicker + 400w amp) I did.

You can always add the sub to the BA system later. With components from the likes of Subthump etc, it is a plug-n-play affair. And adds all the bass you could want.

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #7 of 7 Old 10-06-2014, 05:50 PM

I've heard that the BA system has the same cheap paper speakers as the base system, they really do put the cheapest crap in they can, makes me wonder about the rest of the car, the base system sounds good too, it has good tone, but it was only 160 watts so you can't get much volume, Just my personal Opinion but I believe all cars need to have a good amp and good speakers installed, OEM just doesn't cut it for me, it's the best money you'll spend on your car.

I have the base system which is 4 speakers & 2 tweeters, I'm upgraded with 4 JBL speakers and a 600 watt amp connected to the stock HU, and I'm very satisfied with that. I don't think tweeters do anything. I probably should have upgraded them but I didn't want to spend the extra $100..

so obviously the BA is much better than the Base system, but really your money is much better spent investing in aftermarket equipment,

2014 is a sexy car though, kind of wish I would have waited a couple years too,

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 10-06-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page