Help me decide which finish to get for the MRR 228 wheels ! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Help me decide which finish to get for the MRR 228 wheels !

Hey guys The names Michael new to the forum im a proud owner of a 2013 Summit White Zl1.

I recently saw the thread on these wheels and Ive been looking to pick up some new shoes for my baby as a Christmas gift to myself. I'm having a hard time debating on which finish would go well Gloss Black or Graphite.

The wheels come in 20x10 + 23 , 20x10 + 35 & 20x11 + 43 and they are hubcentric & accept factory caps which is a big plus for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Here is the link to thread

First Look: MRR Design Model 228 Wheels | Camaro ZL1 SS LS LT Exclusive 20x10 & 20x11 - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 AM

Garage
I would go with the Graphite to be different!!!

Dodger
http://www.southjerseycamaro.com
ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month: May 2012
post #3 of 19 Old 11-10-2014, 08:57 AM

Garage
Graphite for me as well!

White 2014 2LT/RS! Black interior with Blue accent trim package.

post #4 of 19 Old 11-10-2014, 12:39 PM

I am trying to picture the graphite with the summit white, and it just does not seem like they would mesh well. But then again, I have been a fan of black rims playing contrast on a white car for a while now!
post #5 of 19 Old 11-10-2014, 03:35 PM

Either one would look great on Summit white. But i would lean more towards black.
i am hoping they do a polished at some point. I think they would look incredible!

-2013 Summit White over Inferno Orange 2SS RS LS3-
-2005 Bermuda Blue Tahoe (daily driver)-
post #6 of 19 Old 11-10-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,

Ya its hard for me to decide Black would be a great contrast, but Ive always liked graphite !

Either way these are amazing wheels, I spoke to a guy named Paul and he was super knowledgeable about the car and the pricing is kick ass.

Now to finalize what finish Im going to settle on.
post #7 of 19 Old 11-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

I agree its a hard decision ... I have a question though ... did you say you are were going to use your existing centers? What color are they?

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #8 of 19 Old 11-11-2014, 06:28 AM

well I would go with the more silver looking of course, and frankly they look cool but are weak looking in there structure which I did consider when I chose wheels as its very important because of metal fatigue over time. I searched long to find my rocket racing wheels so I know finding the right wheels is not easy just like finding the right shop/tuner to work on your car. there are eight fifth gen Camaros at where I work from my coworkers, one of my bosses wife, ( he drives it most of the time now..lol), bought a new 2014 ss spring special edition in white with the silver wheels that come with it and I think they look nice.

You wheels your thinking of getting I would have a hard time choosing because of structure and the fact it could be ruined so easily from curbing. My wheels I chose I have minor curbed twice and have hardly left a mark thanks to their design with a wide lip that is recessed behind the tire, I know I curbed my 2011 ss I owned and the factory wheels showed it big time compared to the ones I have now and am happy I made a good choice yet just as in all things....
they are chrome and have some minor pitting behind and by the spokes, yes its very small yet as I try to keep my car very clean I was offered a different painted set for half price by the manufacturer who also owns another wheel brand place or exchange, yet I know all things chrome will eventually pit some and have not taken him up on the warranty which he extended though I am tempted to buy a second set just for winter...it usually only rains here mostly, and storing a winter set would cramp my little storage and I am still very happy with the appearance and the pitting which is very minor seems to have stopped progressing more than its initial appearance.
Good luck with your choice, my wheels cost about a little over 2 thousand with shipping and install, they came from Tennessee.
I would want to see them mounted on a tire and how the wheel is covered by the rubber bow of the sidewall radius if I was choosing them, and well I am going more toward a retro look not a new age look and those kind of remind me of honeycomb style wheels from firebirds....once I made a set up for a 65 impala wagon and painted the interior of all the honeycomb candy apple red to match the car then switched out the center emblem and god they looked sweet.

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....

Last edited by christianchevelle; 11-11-2014 at 06:39 AM.
post #9 of 19 Old 11-12-2014, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

They told me their working on doing a photoshoot within a few days so Im waiting on that.

As for the center caps they are black ( Factory wheels are black) but I can always paint them graphite lol.

I know what you mean Im very careful with the products I buy to make sure they are good in quality.

From what Paul told me the wheels is based off being a direct fit. offset, centerbore, fitment and they are VIA and JWL certified which is a huge plus for me also since it gives me a comfort of mind.
post #10 of 19 Old 11-15-2014, 06:00 AM

go with the black, especially on a white car, the grill & rear diffuser are black so you want wheels to match,

now if you had a black car, silver would be the best choice.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page