Petition for GM to FIX IGNITION not our keys.. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Petition for GM to FIX IGNITION not our keys..

Below is the link to the petition. This was not started by me, but I agree with it and have signed myself. I dont think giving us a new key and not fixing our ignition is the way to go. If there is ANY risk of me turning off of my car because of the bad ignition placement, then I would like GM to fix this fault.

Petition INSTALL PUSH TO START FOR CAMARO KEY RECALL

2011 2LT Coupe: BBK LT Headers w/ HF Cats. BBK CAI. AirAid TBS. Cat-Back Custom 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe and Pacesetter TFX Mufflers. Aggresive Trifecta 93 Octane Tune w/ Ghost Cam. 18" Advanti Summer Wheels and OEM 18" Stock Winter Wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Premium Member

Garage
There's no problem with the ignition.

I tried and CANNOT turn off my car by hitting the key with my leg/knee/foot/whatever.

It's a B.S. recall pushed by NTSB for political reasons.

Many manufacturers use this ignition switch and key, not just GM, yet GM is the only one forced to do the recall.

Political B.S.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #3 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
There's no problem with the ignition.

I tried and CANNOT turn off my car by hitting the key with my leg/knee/foot/whatever.

It's a B.S. recall pushed by NTSB for political reasons.

Many manufacturers use this ignition switch and key, not just GM, yet GM is the only one forced to do the recall.

Political B.S.
I dont have the insider information that you do. But I dont trust GM as far as safety recalls. Dont half ass it with mangling my key trying to get me to sign a waiver, where If I die its not their fault. Fk that. My $13 laptop charger had a recall for bad velcro and they replaced the entire charger. Id like to think my 30k cars Sh$*t ignition should be fixed with the same amount of concern as a laptop chargers velcro.

2011 2LT Coupe: BBK LT Headers w/ HF Cats. BBK CAI. AirAid TBS. Cat-Back Custom 3" Exhaust w/ Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe and Pacesetter TFX Mufflers. Aggresive Trifecta 93 Octane Tune w/ Ghost Cam. 18" Advanti Summer Wheels and OEM 18" Stock Winter Wheels.

post #4 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 06:03 PM

there are no ignition problems with GM cars period, they were saying that with 27 million cars there was what? 13 failures?? that doesn't even register on the scale.. I bet every manufacturer has 13 ignition failures out of 27 million cars.. ignition switches have always been a common thing to wear out on cars.

cars break down & stop running all the time, it's a normal occurance and is not a deadly situation, you simply pull over on the side of the road, same as you would with a blown tire, and this is also why drivers are suppose to leave following distance. As a professional truck driver for 3 years I had18 wheelers shut-off twice while traveling down the interstate, once for a broken ECU wire and once for some other unknown reason, it wasn;t a big deal, 1 I just pulled over, the 2nd I just restarted the truck while still rolling. so If this could happen to a loaded 18 wheeler and not be a disaster why is it a major issue on a car?

this thing was blown way out of proportion by the government run media.

this was simply to scare people into bringing there cars in so the latest government spy software & sensors could be installed....as stated in the Silent weapons for quiet wars government document now public. afterall that's why they designed onstar in the first place. we already had cell phones, what the hect do you need onstar for?

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 11-13-2014 at 06:14 PM.
post #5 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

You guys are speculating and going into territory more fit for reddit than a Camaro forum. I'm just going off of the facts that I have encountered. Which are:

A) My 30k car has something thats $100 max and faulty on it and I want it fixed.
B) Good friend is a GM Tech and has personally fixed more than 10 faulty 2005-2012 GM ignitions. For one lowly small town tech, thats a lot.

Im sure other people here feel the same, that is why I left the petition here. If you dont want to sign it I hear ya and respect your opinion.

post #6 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geonny04 View Post
You guys are speculating and going into territory more fit for reddit than a Camaro forum. I'm just going off of the facts that I have encountered. Which are:

A) My 30k car has something thats $100 max and faulty on it and I want it fixed.
B) Good friend is a GM Tech and has personally fixed more than 10 faulty 2005-2012 GM ignitions. For one lowly small town tech, thats a lot.

Im sure other people here feel the same, that is why I left the petition here. If you dont want to sign it I hear ya and respect your opinion.
A. you don't know that it's faulty,
B. yeah, ignition switches go bad, and tires blow, engines blow-up, fuel pumps go bad, etc, etc,, it doesn't mean they're a faulty design.

you should be more worried about why they are making such a big stick out of such a stupid minor issue. and this is a minor issue, over 50,000 people die in auto accidens in the US every year, they are going bonkers over what? 9? that this supposedly caused over 10 years? 9 out of 500,000? really? I guarantee you police who make their livings claiming they are going to keep roads safe with their traffic enforcement have personally caused way way more than 9 deaths with their reckless driving & high speed cases & stupid speed traps., funny how we don't hear about that like it's a major pandemic.

if your car shuts down, then just pull off the road.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 11-13-2014 at 06:25 PM.
post #7 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Dude. Im not trying to argue. You could be right, I could be wrong. Imagine if there werent people like me making a stink. Things wouldnt get done. Just as I am grateful there are people like you who think outside the box. Thanks for the insight. If anything sign the petition for me to be happy and to get a CIA certified push to start on GMs coin.

post #8 of 34 Old 11-13-2014, 06:45 PM

Signed

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
post #9 of 34 Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Just another headache of something that does not need to be recalled.. parts wear out.. ignition switches wear out.. it is used keys swing side to side, most people put way too much crap on their key chain which will cause them to wear faster when they swing side to side when you drive.. Think about this.. all parts will fail.. one time or another, nothing lasts forever.. everything wears out. I hate all these pointless recalls.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #10 of 34 Old 11-14-2014, 11:34 AM
ユキヒョウ

The funny thing is that the key fob for new Sonics are the same switchblade style as the Camaro's. There's no key recall on the Sonic, and here's the another thing...the ignition/key orientation in the Sonic is way closer to one's knee than in a Camaro. This is such a bull crap answer to a non-existent problem.

2019 1SS/1LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page