A Couple of Camaro Questions.. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 12-20-2014, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

A Couple of Camaro Questions..

I just purchased a new 2014 SS. I had recently rented a 2015 and I notice that the backup camera in the 2014 doesn't seem to have the grid lines. It's not a big deal, but I sure did like those grid lines on the '15. Is there any way to add that feature to my car? Or does my car have that feature and it's just not activated?

Also, my back seat doesn't want to stay latched in the up position. I could take it to the dealer, but I'd rather avoid that if it's an easy fix. I haven't really taken the time to look at it yet. Is it an easy adjustment?

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-20-2014, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! You are right, it DOES have lots of power. I've owned several fast cars, including Corvettes, and none can match this new SS.

Of course, I can back up without the camera!.. It just that the grid lines in the 2015 looked really cool. When you'd turn the wheels, the grid lines curve and show your projected path. I'd only seen this feature in a newer BMW and I thought it was a nice touch on the 2015 Camaro I'd rented. I went all through the config menu and didn't see it as an option on my 2014, so I thought I'd ask here. It's not a big deal, but it would be cool to have.

The back seat doesn't want to stay latched in the upright position. If I brake hard, the seat folds down. It doesn't "click" into place when I put it back up. Just trying to save a trip to the dealer.

Thanks!
post #3 of 12 Old 12-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Congrat's on the new ride. Can't help with the camera display, mine is in the rear view. Welcome to the forum, and we need pic's of the car please.

Matt

post #4 of 12 Old 12-20-2014, 05:52 PM

Mines a 14 and it doesn't have the lines
post #5 of 12 Old 12-21-2014, 02:04 AM

14 dont have lines..added in 15 - up
post #6 of 12 Old 12-21-2014, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for responding guys. I love this car. Every time I start it up, I get the best feeling. I'll post some pictures soon.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-21-2014, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Welcome....glad you found our forum

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #8 of 12 Old 12-21-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Thanks! You are right, it DOES have lots of power. I've owned several fast cars, including Corvettes, and none can match this new SS.

Of course, I can back up without the camera!.. It just that the grid lines in the 2015 looked really cool. When you'd turn the wheels, the grid lines curve and show your projected path. I'd only seen this feature in a newer BMW and I thought it was a nice touch on the 2015 Camaro I'd rented. I went all through the config menu and didn't see it as an option on my 2014, so I thought I'd ask here. It's not a big deal, but it would be cool to have.

The back seat doesn't want to stay latched in the upright position. If I brake hard, the seat folds down. It doesn't "click" into place when I put it back up. Just trying to save a trip to the dealer.

Thanks!
I have had the same problem with my 11 2LT with the back seat folding down if I happen to brake hard. I keep forgetting to bring up the issue with the dealer whenever I bring it in. Not sure if this is a common problem with others - but now that I see you have the same issue as I do - makes me wonder if it is a safety issue?

2011 SummitWhite 2LT/RS (SOLD)
2010 Black 2LT/RS (ZLRS) (Current)
ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers.
post #9 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 PM

there are two straps that stick up above the rear seat that may have gotten stuck down in the way....... they are for use to grab the seat top when folding it down.

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #10 of 12 Old 12-23-2014, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I plan to investigate the back seat tomorrow. I finally get a couple of days off work. I am loving this car more and more every time I drive it!

2014 2SS/RS, L99, Recaro Seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page