John Force Racing fielding Camaros in NHRA!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-15-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

John Force Racing fielding Camaros in NHRA!!

Ford really really F'ed up this time!!

The Ecoboost and now this!!

NHRA: John Force Racing to switch to Chevrolet in 2015 | MotorSportsTalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member

wow ... I don't follow a lot of drag racing, but I'm pretty sure John Force is comparable Rick Hendrick in NASCAR, so Chevy has quite a catch.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #3 of 9 Old 01-15-2015, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
wow ... I don't follow a lot of drag racing, but I'm pretty sure John Force is comparable Rick Hendrick in NASCAR, so Chevy has quite a catch.
I love NHRA and Nascar. The Camaro's are somewhat dominate in Pro-Stock and I can once John gets the bugs worked out of his Camaro Funny Car that he will pretty much dominate that class also.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I love NHRA and Nascar. The Camaro's are somewhat dominate in Pro-Stock and I can once John gets the bugs worked out of his Camaro Funny Car that he will pretty much dominate that class also.
I've never been to an NHRA event but dabbled in NASCAR a little on TV until my wife scored tickets to Richmond from someone that works with her company. You guessed it, she got hooked ... no more complaints about me watching a few laps, now I get to watch every race all the way through. We have been to Richmond, Bristol, Martinsville, Dover, Atlanta, Daytona, and Charlotte and I drove on the track at Martinsville in the Camaro and rode in a Gordon car at Richmond and think we are going to do Charlotte thisspring. Kentucky, Darlington, are on the get to soon list. Maybe Homestead and Vegas if I can work a vacation right.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #5 of 9 Old 01-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

GM should have never let him go

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
post #6 of 9 Old 01-16-2015, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorcinLS1 View Post
GM should have never let him go
Agreed!!
post #7 of 9 Old 01-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I love John Force, a few years ago I spent a few minutes with him. I was working patrol, and would take my lunch at the restaurant at Camarillo airport and watch airplanes.

When I walked in I saw Mr. Force sitting at a table with a few gentleman. I was a big fan and didn't want to bother him. I took my seat and ordered. Mr. Force excused himself and walked up to me. He was very kind and wanted to shake my hand (I was in uniform) said he appreciated law enforcement and we spoke for a few minutes. It made my day. I called him sir, he said call me John. He paid my tab without me knowing.

I meet him again two years later when I went to Pomona to watch the races. Standing on line with tons of folks, when I got up to the front, I said "John I appreciated you buying lunch in Camarillo" he looked up and told me to come behind the ropes. I took a tour of his setup and met Austin Coil.

Force is a great guy, never forgot where he came from. He is great for the sport and now for the Camaro.

He set a speed record that day at Pomona.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcso617 View Post
I love John Force, a few years ago I spent a few minutes with him. I was working patrol, and would take my lunch at the restaurant at Camarillo airport and watch airplanes.

When I walked in I saw Mr. Force sitting at a table with a few gentleman. I was a big fan and didn't want to bother him. I took my seat and ordered. Mr. Force excused himself and walked up to me. He was very kind and wanted to shake my hand (I was in uniform) said he appreciated law enforcement and we spoke for a few minutes. It made my day. I called him sir, he said call me John. He paid my tab without me knowing.

I meet him again two years later when I went to Pomona to watch the races. Standing on line with tons of folks, when I got up to the front, I said "John I appreciated you buying lunch in Camarillo" he looked up and told me to come behind the ropes. I took a tour of his setup and met Austin Coil.

Force is a great guy, never forgot where he came from. He is great for the sport and now for the Camaro.

He set a speed record that day at Pomona.
Awesome story- Thank you for sharing!! Force is a class act, a one of a kind, and I am glad to see him back behind a Bowtie!! Chevrolet should have never lost him.....
post #9 of 9 Old 01-27-2015, 01:09 PM

John is always a "fans racer" that pays attention to his fans. We raced with the Force girls years ago in Super Comp and got to know them all pretty well. John takes 100 words to say one sentence...eccentric as all get-out and loves his Grand Babies!!

He used to come by our pits and give me hell when Emily lost a race due to crew chief mistake (I did not check fuel shutoff at a National event so she ran out 1/2 track). Awesome personality and very approachable.

We run Stock, Super Stock, Super Gas, Super Comp Top Dragster and Comp on occasion. Son in law won the World again in Super Stock for 2014 for the 7th World title and we have years of Divisional, National, and World Championships in both NHRA & IHRA.

On the Camaro, it is body stickers alone that make it a chevy....all else is still the same underneath the shell, but the sponsorship is great for both parties. Ford had a long run with the Force team as did AAA, but Chevy's turn now!!

Here is our latest Grandson being flown on the Jeg's jet to Ponoma this year for the banquet:

Another future Champion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page