Rear window louvres - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-29-2015, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Rear window louvres

Thinking about adding louvres to my '13 Camaro. Anyone put them on that has had any problems or any negative comments? wondering about always having to take them off to clean the rear window.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I don't have them, I'm on the fence. 83Hokie should be along, I'm pretty sure he has a set and likes them very much. He has a good looking ride.

Matt
post #3 of 13 Old 01-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks hcso617. Yes, I like mine a lot. I can't say I have gotten any bad comments, but there are a number of people that generically state, they don't like louvers on a Camaro and they consider them "Mustang'ish" for some reason. Mine are from MRT, and have clips that hold them down .. relatively easy to unclip and lift them ... mine also have "legs" that hold them up when cleaning the window. The only problem I ever had was when one of the tabs came loose and I put it back on .. it was a little out of alignment and made it a beach to close back down ... got it re-aligned and its fine now. Lastly make sure they are "clamped" before you open or close the trunk!!! I learned that the hard way. I believe I have pictures in the build thread.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

post #4 of 13 Old 01-29-2015, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. The ones I am looking to buy are the aluminum from Astra Hammond.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-29-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

One other thing - when they are "clamped" down and you open the truck, is there lots of clearance between the lid and the louvres?
post #6 of 13 Old 01-30-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottmagic View Post
Thinking about adding louvres to my '13 Camaro. Anyone put them on that has had any problems or any negative comments? wondering about always having to take them off to clean the rear window.
Hello

The MRT window louvers have been very popular with the 5th Gen Camaro's , and look great on the vehicles . They are constructed of aircraft grade aluminum and are powder coated but can be painted vehicle paint code color match for an additional $250 .

I've personally installed several of these louvers without any issue's and they are all still on the vehicles to this day. The louver attaches with two hinge pads up top and two latch pads at the bottom to raise the louver up for easy cleaning . There are also prop rods to hold the louver up when cleaning or accessing the rear glass . The entire install is an easy DIY install but takes a little time for proper prep and installation about a half hour total .

If you have any question please feel free to contact me anytime at the shop and I will be more than happy to help you out and answer any questions or concerns .

Camaro Rear Window Louver (2010-2014) - Aluminum w/ Matte Black Finish | MRT

Joshua Barth
MRT Sales / Project Manager
post #7 of 13 Old 01-30-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
One other thing - when they are "clamped" down and you open the truck, is there lots of clearance between the lid and the louvres?
There is plenty of clearance between the trunk lid and the rear window louver we kept that in mind when we designed out window louvers .
post #8 of 13 Old 01-30-2015, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Joshua, I will call you today!
post #9 of 13 Old 01-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member

what he said lol

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #10 of 13 Old 01-31-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Thanks Joshua, I will call you today!
Glad I could help you out . It was nice speaking with you yesterday .

Your window louver is on its way .

If you have any questions or comments about the install please feel free to contact me anytime .

Joshua Barth
MRT sales / Project Manager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page