Bumper repair advice - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 02-04-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bumper repair advice

Well I managed to mangle my rear bumper...I backed into something that wasn't supposed to be there I bawled for 2 hours, I am finally able to talk about it. Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of when getting this fixed, put a dent in the bumper and a 5 inch crack, so its NOT going to buff out. Thanks All!

Modern Camaro MOTM April 2015

2014 LS2 Summit White
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Lesli....big hug...sorry this happened. Get recommendations from friends for the BEST body shops in your area. I have always gone on personal recommendations in past

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

post #3 of 11 Old 02-11-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas girl View Post
Lesli....big hug...sorry this happened. Get recommendations from friends for the BEST body shops in your area. I have always gone on personal recommendations in past
Thanks Barb, it hurt me more than it did her, even though she is the one banged up. I still can't believe I did that, I am always so careful, but I was at our old house at midnight packing after working 13 hours, and what I backed into hadn't ever been there in 7 years so I wasn't think about it. The problem with the shops around here is they aren't consistent, one time you go there, it looks great, and next, its horrible. I am going to check around Boise when I am there, Elko is also generally higher than other places (thank you, gold bubble) At least if I get rear ended, I probably won't kill someone lol

2014 LS2 Summit White
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

post #4 of 11 Old 02-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesli66 View Post
...one time you go there, it looks great, and next, its horrible.
so this is a regular thing then? j/k I know the feeling, I whacked my splitter on a curb I thought I was nowhere close too $70 bucks I was so pizzed at myself.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #5 of 11 Old 02-12-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
so this is a regular thing then? j/k I know the feeling, I whacked my splitter on a curb I thought I was nowhere close too $70 bucks I was so pizzed at myself.
Haha, aren't you the funny one! No, its not a regular thing for me, people I know have used some shops with good results and others didn't. One of my coworkers had her Mustang door fixed after a bad door ding, did a great job. At my other job, a kid had his pickup in the same shop, within a week of the other car, and they messed up so much stuff. Put his headlights in upside down, bubbles in the paint, just a mess. What I been quoted so far is $1400 for the white part of the bumper. I scuffed the black part, but I can live with that, although that part is only $175.

I wish it were $70, lol

2014 LS2 Summit White
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
post #6 of 11 Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM
ユキヒョウ

$1400 is way too much....I had to replace the rear bumper on my 2011 SS a few yrs ago for the same reason, I backed into something that wasn't supposed to be there either. I was able to find a new oem rear bumper on ebay, had it painted and shipped for about $600.

New OEM rear bumper (unpainted) can gotten for about $500 +/-..... Part and then painted, you should be able to get it all done for about 1/2 that.

http://www.gmpartsnow.com/auto-parts...ents-rear-scat

2019 1SS/1LE

Last edited by Nancygrl; 02-12-2015 at 04:32 PM.
post #7 of 11 Old 02-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesli66 View Post
Haha, aren't you the funny one! No, its not a regular thing for me, people I know have used some shops with good results and others didn't. One of my coworkers had her Mustang door fixed after a bad door ding, did a great job. At my other job, a kid had his pickup in the same shop, within a week of the other car, and they messed up so much stuff. Put his headlights in upside down, bubbles in the paint, just a mess. What I been quoted so far is $1400 for the white part of the bumper. I scuffed the black part, but I can live with that, although that part is only $175.

I wish it were $70, lol
WHOOPS!!! $700 dang fingers and this keyboard ,,, didn't catch that ... while there was only really a scuff on the splitter, it evidently pushed the cover up over the front sidemarker and bent the cover out there ... I guess $700 is still way better than $1400 ouch

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
post #8 of 11 Old 02-12-2015, 09:32 PM

Garage
Welcome to Garys Customz for a painted bumper for you to install.

2011 Early Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood and side skirts, belly pan, carbon fiber extractor, ZL1 wheels, K&N cai, Elite catch can, Big Worm Black/Red Bowties, Vitesse TC
post #9 of 11 Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
Welcome to Garys Customz for a painted bumper for you to install.
Definitely not a 'big wheels' guy but there are certainly some interesting concepts in there and looks like some great paint jobs

post #10 of 11 Old 02-15-2015, 10:08 AM

I did the same thing a month after buying my Camaro. Insurance paid to fix it. The deductible was less than it would of been for me to fix it myself and my rates didn't change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page