2015 RS ENGINE ISSUES - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-19-2015, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

2015 RS ENGINE ISSUES

Ok so I know this is new but I just purchased a brand new 2015 LT1 RS last week on the 02/12/15. This past Tuesday the 17th as I was driving on the freeway the car started to over heat I thought this was odd so I pulled off the freeway called on star they got a tow truck and back to the dealer I went. I was told today they are going to replace the engine with a complete new one aka a long block. My question is has anyone here ever heard of this happening to a new Camaro or am I the unlucky guy..

Pissed and confused I want my **** car..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-20-2015, 10:10 AM

Garage
sounds like your dealership has the situation under control. Why not ask the dealership to provide an extended warranty since you are unsure of your purchase, and not comfortable knowing you had such a major repair at this point in time. You should be driving a loan car until the repair is complete.

2011 Early Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood and side skirts, belly pan, carbon fiber extractor, ZL1 wheels, K&N cai, Elite catch can, Big Worm Black/Red Bowties, Vitesse TC
post #3 of 7 Old 02-20-2015, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

They're on top of it that's for sure, they gave me a loaner car for the time being. Just the frustration of not have the car I paid for is really what I'm more upset about. I have bought cars from this dealer before so they take care of me when I do come in. I purchased the extended warranty when I bought the car.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-20-2015, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Have to remember, nothing and no one is perfect. Something could have been inferior in the engine when built, or something wrong with a casting. It happens. GM is standing behind their product by replacing it and gave you a vehicle to drive. Keep in mind, dealership did no wrong, they are doing you right it sounds like. Sucks that it happens for sure, but just because something breaks, doesn't mean you deserve extra. Keep a good mind about it and be nice to the dealer, they can move mountains for you if needed.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd 426hp
December 2013 Member of the Month
post #5 of 7 Old 02-22-2015, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Yea there are always gonna be a certain percentage of cars that are gonna have certain problems. I noticed on my car fax that my SS had the water pump replaced at less than 5K miles. At least you're getting a brand new engine. It does suck to not have the car you paid for. I would mention that to them and maybe they'll throw something your way to make you feel better.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #6 of 7 Old 02-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Premium Member

Garage
That's what the warranty is for. GM will take care of you.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-23-2015, 08:29 PM

Better this happened sooner rather then later down the road when your 36k/3yr warranty is up.

Mods:
Roto-Fab Intake & Big Gulp Air Scoop, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page