Z/28 & ZL1 GM upgrade parts research - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Z/28 & ZL1 GM upgrade parts research

I am doing some research and wonder what members would think an incentive to buy GM Suspension and Brake Upgrade pieces. Rebates,Discounts,Availability, etc.
GM spends a bunch of money developing these pieces and they are very well designed and heavily tested.
Interested in opinions (know I'm opening a can of worms here) but "inquiring minds want to know".
Also curious what other pieces could be offered!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-22-2015, 06:59 AM

Well frankly aftermarket develops pieces usually even more for a lot of common suspension parts as in: I have BMR trailing arms and toes, a LPW diff cover and waiting to get the 3.91 gears, BMR anti roll bar/sway with solid cradle poly bushings and a Eaton true trac posi unit....... Sure the zl1 rear is nicer and has cooling set up on it but also cooling can be set up for our SS rear and is mainly a tracking thing and the size difference of the rear gears is not that much bigger for the zl1 and the axles are not really too much stronger when you compare the price to swap the while rear its steep for the zl1 rear when you compare what you can get via aftermarket and the quality of the aftermarket is such it either lives by its quality or dies by bad word of mouth usually compared to the OEM stuff. I know the just the rear anti roll bar I am getting has multiple settings and can out perform the 1le and zl1 parts no problem and is measured by them as in: 100% more roll control VS zl1 etc.... and its adjustable as are many aftermarket parts. The z28 brakes/ZL1 are nice if your a tracking person also but otherwise very wear prone for a daily driver and quite expensive I believe, ( z28) and upgrading to slightly larger brakes means pain best left to wonder about when its time to rebuild the calipers and wonder if larger brakes will fit with your stock or aftermarket wheels..... I get emails from gmdiscount etc all the time and nothing has ever grabbed me from their site as being anything special price wise to make me want to get upgraded....then get rid of perfectly good parts..

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2015, 08:33 PM

The ZL1 rear end is unbreakable!

I've know ZL1 owners who have over 1000rwhp on a stock ZL1 rear end with no issues.

The ZL1 rear is light years ahead of the standard SS rear end stock components. Period.

Mods:
Roto-Fab Intake & Big Gulp Air Scoop, ATI Super Damper & 5% Under drive Pulley, Dash-Logic controller, 3m Clear Bra, ZL1 Mirror inserts, GM Interior Ambient lighting, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, Carbon Fiber Bow ties front & rear, ZL1 DRL lighting harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page