A new angle on safety recalls - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-07-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

A new angle on safety recalls

According to Car Craft magazine " ... 'California won't give you a registration if you have an emissions recall, why not a safety recall?' And it seems OEMs are on board with whatever it takes to get owners to take care of the repairs, including potentially linking a recall to registration."

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-07-2015, 11:31 AM

That planet just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Won't be long and they willmake it illegal to even change wheels they get so crazy with controlling every aspect of owning a car!
post #3 of 13 Old 03-07-2015, 12:34 PM
ユキヒョウ

it's California....not surprised since they are so emissions conscious.

2019 1SS/1LE

post #4 of 13 Old 03-07-2015, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

what worries me is the "OEMs are on board" part ... if they start pushing for legislation, we will all be in trouble or they will no longer have responsibilities once they issue a recall

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
post #5 of 13 Old 03-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
So far I've dodged the recall. I brought the car in for service, and told the service manager not to touch my key. They complied with my request. I live in a rural area and dealers do what they can to make you happy. Keeps us from going to the big city 2 hours away.

Sooner or later it's going to come down to the OEM/dealers covering their butt on recalls. You know there will be a crash sometime in the future, where a car owner asked the dealer to ignore a recall, the owner then sues, because the dealer should have completed it regardless of the owners wishes.

2011 LS Coupe/RS clone
Oracle halo's, Katzkin covers, C.A.I. CAI, Hurst shift kit
Modern Camaro MOTM February 2015
post #6 of 13 Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcso617 View Post
So far I've dodged the recall. I brought the car in for service, and told the service manager not to touch my key. They complied with my request. I live in a rural area and dealers do what they can to make you happy. Keeps us from going to the big city 2 hours away.

Sooner or later it's going to come down to the OEM/dealers covering their butt on recalls. You know there will be a crash sometime in the future, where a car owner asked the dealer to ignore a recall, the owner then sues, because the dealer should have completed it regardless of the owners wishes.
Yep ... same boat here with the dealer not caring if I do it or not and that is what I worry about is the covering their butt ... I wouldn't mind a stand alone key and I would use it, but I am not going to let them give me some mangled fob thingy back over the original

post #7 of 13 Old 03-11-2015, 07:44 PM

it all boils down to the less government we have the better off we are..

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk223 View Post
it all boils down to the less government we have the better off we are..
Completely agree with this ^

Who knew the fountain of youth came with 400+ HP!
ModernCamaro Car of the Month July 2014
post #9 of 13 Old 03-12-2015, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

not more government and more taxes? whats wrong with you two? I guess the same thing that's wrong with me.

post #10 of 13 Old 03-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
I told them I will not be trading my key. It IS noted on my account....it appears on my invoice every time I bring Cami in for servicing

2013 2LT/ RS Blue Ray Metallic VERT..."Cami"
2010 Grabber Blue Mustang VERT......."Stella Blue"

January 2014 MC Member of the Month!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page