switchblade key and seperate key with remote - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-09-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

switchblade key and seperate key with remote

Just purchased a 2014 Chevy Camaro RS with 6000 miles fully loaded, every option available from a dealership in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, I live in Long Island, New York. Anyway the car came with one remote (with remote start) and two switchblade keys, separate from the remote, so 2 keys, 1 remote.
Dealer sent me a new key that has been cut key and switchblade remote all in one. I need to program the key and the remote, so the all keys on the remote work, remote start works as well as the key!
Saw this procedure in the owner manual, want to know if it this will work?
Insert your original key, already programed key in the ignition and turn to the ON/RUN position.
Turn the key to LOCK/OFF then remove the key.
Insert the new key to be programmed in ignition and turn it to the ON/RUN position within 5 seconds.
The security light will turn off once the key has been programmed.
Now is that just for the key or the key and all the remote functions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-20-2015, 08:45 AM
ユキヒョウ

You might get an answer if you post your question in the DIY or the general discussion section of the forum.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #3 of 5 Old 03-20-2015, 08:03 PM

Yes, what you mentioned does work hockeydad20. I will take the one key that is already programmed, go and start the car, than shut it off, put the second key in and start it. It will run once you do that.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-08-2015, 07:38 AM

My Camaro is still in winter storage. I did the recall over a month ago without the car. The dealership cut a new key leaving the fob (key) intact. He told me that I could program the new key once I get the car out of storage. Okay, now the question. I can’t remember if he told me to start the car with the fob key or just turn it to the run position. I looked the in owner’s manual and could not find programming a key.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-12-2015, 09:55 AM

people made youtube videos on how to do this, check out youtube.

2012 1LS Silver Ice - Mods - SS Strut Brace, RX Catch Can, BBK CAI, TRS Bi-Xenon HID's, Blackout Grill, RX65 Radar Detector, 700watt 4 Channel Amp with Kicker Speakers, 4Pack Gauges Added, 30% tint. Baer Drilled Rotors & pads, 20" American Racing. Awesome car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page