Last night at the track!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-14-2015, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Last night at the track!!

I went to the track last night. Saw some really cool cars out there. I ran my SS to a 12.8 on my first run, a 12.9 on my next two runs, and then my fourth run was a 13.6. I feathered the clutch on my first 3. On the 4th I tried launching at 1500 but I slipped up and launched too high thus giving me lots of wheel spin. My MPH stayed at 113-114 for all runs including my 4th. Overall I stayed pretty consistent. I gotta get out of the hole faster. Practice practice. I'll be there again tomorrow night. Here is a list of cars I saw last night...

CTS-V sedan pullied down with dyno tune, Airaid cai, and DRs. He dynoed about 540 and ran 11.2 and then 11.0, another 11.0, and I didn't catch what his 4th run was. He was a cool guy. He gave me lots of advice on launching. I was hoping he would get into the 10s. That is really good for a 4500 pound car.

A guy I met last year was there. He had an Inferno Orange SS, then traded that for a 2013 Coyote, then traded that for a 2015 GT. He told me last week he was running 12.8s bone stock with a cat-back. He swapped out his tires but that threw his speedo off and possibly messed up the stock tune. Last night he was running consistent 13.0 to 13.2.

I saw a Boss 302 with a KB blower at 7 psi pushing over 600 hp. His friend was there with a Paxton charged Boss 302 on a built engine pushing 800 to the wheels. But he was on street tires and did nothing but spin. Ran 13s. He had just picked the car up from the shop and drove straight to the track.

I also met a guy with a bone stock ZL1. He was running 12.8 last week but this week he was stuck in the 13s. I gave him some advice but it didn't help. Told him he might need to get some DRs.

Also saw a C6 Vette, a GTR, a 3rd gen Camaro, a few other Coyotes and S550s, one Challenger. one other ZL1, a F150 with the 5.0 Coyote engine, a low 11 sec M6, an Evo, and lots of other cars.

So it was a good and fun night. I will be going back tomorrow looking to get in the 12.6s. If any of you happen to be in Jersey tomorrow, stop by Old Bridge township raceway park!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-14-2015, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member

Chapel-

What's up man?!?! Sounds like a really good night of racing and learning!! I haven't been to the track since last fall. Sadly, my closest 1/4 mile track is about 2+ hours from me. We mainly have 1/8 miles tracks here in the Tennessee Valley.

With that being said- I have made several upgrades to my 02 SLP SS; Brand New Monster Level 2 Clutch W/Premium Slave Cylinder, Tick Performance SPEEDbleeder, Tick Performance Adjustable Hyd Clutch Master Cylinder, Tick Performance Bronze Isolator Cup (Replaces the Factory Plastic Isolator Cup), MGW Short Throw Shifter, Poly Urethane Transmission Mount, ARP Bolts, BMR Lower Control Arms, BMR Relocation Brackets for the LCA, and finally, Nitto NT05R Drag Radials on Back!!

It'll take about 500 miles for everything to break in, and right now, I haven't driven since adding all the above......... Ha Ha!!

Let me know how you do tonight man. I'll keep an eye out for your post!! Good Luck......
post #3 of 5 Old 05-14-2015, 07:39 AM
ユキヒョウ

Sounds like it was a good night of burnin' up some rubber with some more tonight. Everything around here is 1/8 mile....Have to drive down to Concord to Zmax dragway for the 1/4 mile track. But I'd only be a spectator...now a road course is a different story, I'd jump at the chance to hit VIR when possible.

2019 1SS/1LE

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 PM

Always like to read track stories.

Chapel, read this for some tips on running the quickest you can with a manual trans:

One of the better drivers that shares his techniques. watch his vid's and read & re-read. Guy can jump in the same vette I could only get mid 11's out of and runs 10's.

home

Again, anyone near Bristol, were there through Sunday putting on the highest driver entry bracket races in history. Come on by and just watch if nothing else....this brings out the best in the World.

post #5 of 5 Old 05-15-2015, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Bucky, suspenion and tires are very important. I'm learning that now. You gotta be able to get that power to the ground and use it to get you moving! But for now, seeing as how I'm broke, I won't be doing any more mods for a while, lol!!

Nancy, yea 8th mile tracks are just too short for these cars. They need more room to stretch out!!

SC, thanks for the link! I'll check it out when I get back from the track tonight!!

I will update you all after tonight!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page