Engine Speeds - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Comrando

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-17-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Engine Speeds

Freeware to a good home.;lpppppppppppppolp;kkkkkkkkkk
F'kn cat on the keyboard.

I am also a geek. I mean, who else bothers to program 2,148 lines of code just to see a chart of RPMs vs. MPH?

Engine Speeds

Just because you can make a printout and stuff it in your glovebox.

Inckluded in the download is the L99, LS3, 1LE, ZL1, Z28, and the new 2016 Camaros.
PDXSSCE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-18-2015, 08:36 AM

yes that's a good thing to know I am wondering the optimal shift points to program my shift light too yet that is totally condition dependent and need to hit 500 rpms before it and first of course will be about 3500 launch...lol

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #3 of 7 Old 10-18-2015, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevelle View Post
yes that's a good thing to know I am wondering the optimal shift points to program my shift light too yet that is totally condition dependent and need to hit 500 rpms before it and first of course will be about 3500 launch...lol
If all you want is max engine speed there is an option for that.

it is most useful for everday driving and realizing you can go to a higher gear. and save some wear & tear.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

An image of the program.

Engine Speeds
post #5 of 7 Old 03-19-2016, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Another update!

With the ZL1 coming with a ten speed automatic it's time for another update.

Now you can enter up to 12 forward speeds.

Engine Speeds

Rand
post #6 of 7 Old 08-14-2016, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

The new version - 2.05 - can display your speed (MPH/KPH) / RPMs in increments of one.

Originally conceived to see the differences between tire sizes, followed by the ability to change the final drive, and then adding the transmission ratios.

Maximum Speed and Maximum Lines is now 500, divisible by one unit (MPH/KPH). Or 5, 10, 15, etc. to make the output fit the page.

I also added a Minimum speed (MPH/KPH) as well as the Maximum speed to reduce the number of lines printed.

Min/Max RPMs are now divisible to 10 instead of 50. So you have to hold the button longer.

I made the window larger, 1200 X 745, medium resolution. If you have low resolution you should use the older 1.95 version or you lose the bottom of the window. The buttons won't be visible, but those Options are available from the menu.

I found a guess at the new 10-speed transmission gears if it will be used in the 2017 ZL1. As of today the initial 2017 ZL1 automatics will be built with the 8 speed though with different final drive and gear ratios.

No mention of the final drive so I assumed a 3.23 like the 6L90 uses.
The manuals may still be the TR606 with the higher gear set and a 3.73 screw, BYNK (but you never know).

Vehicle examples included are all the 5th gen Camaros, the 2016, 6th gens, known so far, some Corvettes, a few super cars.

To be informed of updates to the program subscribe to this thread.
I'm not going to make a mailing list and Engine Speeds isn't going to the internet for anything.

Feel free to mail me, Rand at UX5490.US.

Engine Speeds

Thank you,
Rand

Last edited by Comrando; 08-14-2016 at 03:29 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-21-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Minor update

I added the Minimum RPMs option to the Min/Max RPM container.
And an option to disable the tooltips.

Engine Speeds

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page