2011 1LS w/ SS steering wheel - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-19-2016, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

2011 1LS w/ SS steering wheel

Hi guys,

I posted this in the electronics and audio page too, but it seems like this one gets more traffic

Just purchased a 2011 1LS (after having a 2012 2LS for a year and selling it to get a silverado to blend in more to the town I moved to, but I moved back to the city and wanted my Camaro back!)

The previous owner had installed a SS steering wheel and there is a problem with the steering wheel controls now. I bought it knowing this after haggling the price down due to it.

The left side of the wheel works (cruise control buttons) but the right side of the wheel (the radio, phone, and volume buttons) do not work.

Is this an issue of a bad install and I could go get it fixed or do I just need to live with it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 PM
ユキヒョウ

It sounds like the previous owner never brought it to the dealership to have the BCM (body control module) reprogrammed. It needs to be done so the BCM knows there's radio/phone inputs to pay attention to. Or if the BCM was reprogrammed, then something in the steering wheel control is broke, or not installed correctly.

2019 1SS/1LE

Last edited by Nancygrl; 01-20-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page