newbie with some questions - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-09-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

newbie with some questions

Hello all, just joined and I have some questions. I am looking to buy a new to me Camaro but I am having trouble understanding the trim levels in regards to the options I want. Makes it kind of hard to search used cars online. Options I am looking for would include halo/projector headlights, the larger 20 inch wheels, although not a necessity, prefer leather interior, and the touch screen radio. I am looking for a 2013-2015, willing to consider a '11-'12, but would like to stay in the 13-15. Is there a specific trim levels that has the things I am looking for? Sorry, forgot to mention I am looking for a v6. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-09-2016, 11:12 PM

(in case you decide to explore all engine options)

If you want leather, the you will need to look for a 2LT (V6) or a 2SS (V8). For a 2012-2015 ZL1, you automatically got leather and suede (actually a form of microfiber).

As for the halo lights, those came only with the RS package.
For the 20 inch wheels, you will also need the RS package for the 1LT or 2LT V6 models (these will have a red "RS" logo on the front grille and trunk).

The 1SS and 2SS V8 models came standard with the 20 inch wheels no matter what, as did the ZL1 and 1LE models (the 1LE was available on the 1SS and 2SS models only and was independent from the RS option).

Although I could be wrong, I think the touch screen radios were only available on the 2013-2015 models in 2LT and 2SS trim and were standard on the ZL1.

2010-2015 1LS (manual) and 2LS (automatic) V6 cars were not available with leather, halos or 20 inch wheels, or with the RS package.

Hope this helps!

(I had a 2010 2LT RS and it was a wonderful car!)

Vance Chula
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
post #3 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 08:35 AM

The 1LT/1SS vs. 2LT/2SS are interior upgrades. Cloth vs. leather, upgraded sound, gauge clutter, etc.
Some of the upgrades were options on the 1s; sound, backup camera, etc.

RS is an exterior appearance package.
Halos/HIDs, midnight silver wheels, painted roof ditch moldings and Onstar antenna. On the V6, added were 20" wheels with summer tires, rear spoiler.

It seems a lot of online listings just copy/paste options so be sure to call or mail for the exact options on any you are considering.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

So i guess RS is what i really need to look for because the HID/Halos, and the 20's make the car look best in my opinion. I am open to all engine choices, but my bank account is not. lol I am trying to stay under $20,000 so that pretty much eliminates the V8. The other options i am sure i will have to settle somewhere. If i am unable to find one with the 20's, does anyone know if these replicas will fit, with no other mods?

Replica Wheel Camaro SS custom rims
post #5 of 7 Old 02-10-2016, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

So i guess i need to look for an RS to begin with, the exterior looks are the most important to me, and will probably have to settle for the interior options i want. Budget is limited to $20,000 If i am unable to find one with the wheels i like, does anyone know if these aftermarket replica wheels will fit without any additional mods?

Replica Wheel Camaro SS custom rims
post #6 of 7 Old 02-11-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

not sure why my replies are not showing up, so i will try again. I guess i need to look for a RS as my first choice because the exterior is most important to me. But if i am unable to find one i can always add wheels and Halo/HID through a retrofit. Did this on my 300. My next question would be, if i buy wheels would these replicas fit without any additional mods?

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
post #7 of 7 Old 02-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Yes...those will definitely fit. Just so you know...if you get the RS package (or an SS) you will get a staggered set of wheels with 20 X 8 on the front and 20 X 9 on the rear so the look will be a little different...however slight it may be. I don't think the ones in the link come in a 20 X 8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page