2015 RS Issues - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 02-18-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 2015 RS Issues

Where to begin??? Purchased on Feb 12th 2015

Well after years of wanting to purchase a Camaro, I did my homework on what I wanted did some shopping around before I settled on which one to get. I finally got around to pulling the trigger on one and it was like Xmas morning when I was 6yo. After having the car for a little over a week with 589 miles on it the engine took a **** and locked up do to the lack of oil. I thought to myself did the dealer not check to make sure this **** thing had oil?????

Long story short something in the Motor gave way and and Chevy Replaced the Motor with a new one. after about three weeks at the dealer I finally got my car back and everything has been working perfectly fine.

Fast forward to Feb 14th 2016 just picked up my daughter from her grandparents house. as I was driving the Rev Limiter Jumped up 7k rpm while i was doing 40-45 p mph then engaged back into drive at 6k rpm at the same time the doors unlocked and then locked back. this is an automatic and that should not happen at all. I was concered so I called the dealer the next morning to schedule a drop off so they can look into it. they told me the earliest would be Wednesday that week so I said ok no problem.

Moving on Feb 15th 2016 I left work on the way home stopped to get gas at costco as most of you know costco is always packed so as I was waiting I turned the car off. as the line started moving I turned the igintion forward to turn the car and guess what???
the car would not start the electronics came on radio ect. but the motor would turn over. I called the dealer they said let it sit off for 10 minutes and try to start it again so I did and it fired right up. at this point i said screw going there on Wednsday I drove it straight there after getting gas. The car has been there since the dealer has to call me about what is going on with the car.

At this point I am wondering why I ever bought the **** thing to begin with. it's been one year to date and it has been at the dealer for two major issue. Sorry for the wall of words but I had to vent.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

One pissed off 2015 Silver RS Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-19-2016, 07:03 AM

I can understand you frustration, as i would be as well, but you have to remember that these are but and designed by humans,to an extent lol, sometimes there are issues that could not have been known up front. Take a deep breath and have the conversation with your dealer about the car possibly being a Lemon, check the laws in your state regarding the Lemon law, let the dealer check it out, and make sure to keep your cool. I know you are the one paying for the car to sit there, but the dealer can be just as confused about it as you are, and when it gets passed up the chain to GM the dealer becomes the middle man, everything will work out in the end. But i do hope you keep us posted.
SILVER RS likes this.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-19-2016, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Update on the new issue 02/18/2016 I got a call yesterday from the dealer after running some test they came to a conclusion that it is not an electrical problem. The engineers at GM wants them to run more test on the car to make sure 100% that it's not electrical but in order for them to do that they have to give the car enough power what that means I have no idea. GM instructed them to go through the engine to make sure there was enough coolant, oil, and any this else before they start the tests. so when they pulled the radiator cap off low and behold there was oil mixed in with the coolant. I ask the service adviser at the dealer are you joking is this some kind of cruel prank or something? He said no once they found that oil had mixed in with the coolant they called GM and they told the dealer a new Motor is being shipped out to them asap.

SO here I sit one year to date from when I purchased this car and this will be the SECOND motor going in. I said to myself yesterday **** power ball is up to 200mil I should go buy a ticket because the odds of this **** happening twice within a year of each other. So to say I'm a little angry is an under statement at this point.

post #4 of 16 Old 02-20-2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER RS View Post
Update on the new issue 02/18/2016 I got a call yesterday from the dealer after running some test they came to a conclusion that it is not an electrical problem. The engineers at GM wants them to run more test on the car to make sure 100% that it's not electrical but in order for them to do that they have to give the car enough power what that means I have no idea. GM instructed them to go through the engine to make sure there was enough coolant, oil, and any this else before they start the tests. so when they pulled the radiator cap off low and behold there was oil mixed in with the coolant. I ask the service adviser at the dealer are you joking is this some kind of cruel prank or something? He said no once they found that oil had mixed in with the coolant they called GM and they told the dealer a new Motor is being shipped out to them asap.

SO here I sit one year to date from when I purchased this car and this will be the SECOND motor going in. I said to myself yesterday **** power ball is up to 200mil I should go buy a ticket because the odds of this **** happening twice within a year of each other. So to say I'm a little angry is an under statement at this point.
I'm not an expert, but I suspect this recent issue is due to human error during the install of the engine.
SILVER RS likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 02-20-2016, 03:41 AM

You are having tough luck, but GM is taking care of you and there is a lot to be said for that. Good Luck!
SILVER RS likes this.
post #6 of 16 Old 02-20-2016, 06:55 AM

Well I suppose there is one good thing: You are getting brand new crate engine out of the deal. I agree with the previous statement somebody did not do a proper install of the first crate engine - thus contaminated the oil and/or coolant. At least GM is standing up and wanting to make things right.
SILVER RS likes this.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-20-2016, 07:02 PM

Oil and coolant mix often indicates a blown head gasket. I doubt if it would have run for a year if this was an installation error.
SILVER RS likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 02-21-2016, 05:48 AM
L99

I get the frustration. I am having not so similar issues but my ride remains at the dealership for chassis vibration issues. Its been two weeks. My 2SS has 368 miles on it. I feel for you seriously your not alone. When I get the car back if I still vibrates I am turning right back around and giving it back to them until it is fixed. This happens three times and I don't want it back. LEMON!!
SILVER RS likes this.

Life begins at 4 am... for me that is.
post #9 of 16 Old 02-21-2016, 02:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER RS View Post

Sounds like you're just having some hella bad luck at this point. It's totally possible that you just got two lemons. Sounds like GM is taking care of it though. Hopefully you have better luck with this engine.
SILVER RS likes this.

Last edited by nightwing91; 02-21-2016 at 02:24 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

GM is doing everything they can to remedy the situation but at this point I am no longer confident that the issue is going to resolved. This will be the Third Engine in this car. The factory one, the second one, and now this one. Whats to say that after say 1 or 2 years with this engine it happens again it will always be in the back of my mind of what could happen next. So in order to protect my money and my family I am going to request that GM buy back the car so we will see what happens. I will update everyone once I hear back from GM, I still want a Camaro just feel like I got a bad car,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page