Power steering from Heartbeat on 69 Camaro - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 11-30-2016, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Power steering from Heartbeat on 69 Camaro

On my recent 69 Z/28 I purchased a month ago from Barrett Jackson, I already put a full power steering kit on it from Heartbeat City.
Very nice and complete kit (except Belt but I knew that when ordered).
Easy enough install as I actually fabricate and build race cars anyhow so this was nothing.

Makes it nice to not have to saw on the steering wheel, although honestly it wasn't bad, but I know the wife will be happier with the power.

The car is a Winters Crossram setup with the dual Holley 585's and it is ridiculously rich.
I knew it would be, and it is actually pretty drive-able, but it loads the heck out of the plugs if run at slow speed or idles at all.

Heck my high 7 second 1/4 Mile Tube Chassis 67 Nova with a 582 making over 1000 n/a Horsepower only uses a 1450 cfm alky carb.

I was looking around as I knew NASCAR uses a "SPEC" Holley 390 cfm carb that is a 4150 double pumper design and has center hung bowls just like the Original Crossram Carbs.

They would look so close only an expert would MAYBE be able to tell with the Air Cleaner on the car.
$1100 bucks my cost for two carbs from Summit.
What I am wondering is have you ever heard of anyone running this setup?

I don't want to give up the crossram for a single manifold. Face it, if you've got it flaunt it!

There is no way to "Detune 1170 CFM to not be ridiculously rich with the original carbs. But for cruising around
780 total would be just a bout right.

Any thoughts??
tai nhac chuong, nhac chuong khong loi, nhac chuong iphone

Last edited by MartinL; 02-10-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page