Possible production timeline - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 01-29-2006, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-09-2006, 05:31 PM

So he thinks it will be out in 8/07?
post #3 of 15 Old 02-11-2006, 06:52 PM

what I posted over there...
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...40#post3650340
What Doug Harding posted:
At best, it'll be an early 09. Here's a timeline;assuming that they go the whole car circuit getting feedback (even though they have done lots of clinics already) -they make final design decisions around 4/1/05 and release the class A surface which gets retuned and finalized 6/15/06 ( thats 6 months) engineering begins for production (up to now, nothing is final), give that 6 months for the interior,exterior,chassis,powertrain, etc - and that would be pushing it for a brand new car. That takes it t0 12/06. Prototypes must be built for testing, including tooling - that will go on while the engineering is being done, a lot based on the concept. Tooling will start during the engineering phase - assume steel tools for steel skin ( not SMC - fascias will be TPO) - 8-10 months; all of the interior is being done at the same time - takes it to 10/07. Production testing - 6 months - now at 4/08. Assuming everything works, build test fleets - remember - it'll be a brand new plant as well. That has to be concurrent with the car design and build. Launch will be 8/07 - that makes it an 08 model. That's very optimistic timing - but GM is shooting for 18 month timing - I'd say 24 is more realistic.

what MrMacPhisto wrote:
I've been told by a friend with family in the GM upper echelons that a lot more work has been done on the Camaro than the public knows. While it's called a "concept" it has already gotten some production work done and is pretty much slated for production, but GM is waiting to publicly confirm it.

I personally think they want to ride the "concept" buzz and then blindside everyone with a much closer date than anyone expects - sometime before the middle of next year with a limited production run as a late '07 40th Anniversary model before going into full scale production at the very end of '07 as an '08 model, with large sales volume not likely until early '08.

This guy was dead on when it came to the C6, the Solstice, and a couple of other cars. I trust him, so don't be surprised if this car comes a lot sooner than '09 because a lot more work has been done on it than GM will tell the public right now. I expect the production version to debut a year from now in Detroit possibly.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366197

what I posted almost a year ago:
Okay guys here me out on this...

this is what is going to go down...

40th...2007 is the anniversary, and what will we see..the NAIAS debut of the new 2008 Camaro..PRODUCTION READY...

there will be 40 cars built for the media blitz and show, these will be 2007.5 and will be auctioned, raffled off whatever..GM HOT BUTTON.. to generate buzz for the new Camaro. And to keep pace with the 40th anniversary of having a 2007 Camaro..

2008 Regular production starts..AND the 100th birthday of GM...that is what will be a win win situation for GM and the Camaro..you dont take away from the Camaros 40th and you dont take away from GM's 100th for just one car.

Just hope this comes true....

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-15-2006, 06:52 PM

very interesting. sooner is always better, as long as the kinks are worked out properly and its not cheapened down
post #5 of 15 Old 03-27-2006, 01:07 AM

Garage
In the 60's the had new bodies for their cars every year and they were all good I believe that it is very possible to see a production car in 07 because we have far better skills than in the 60's and they have the LS-2 already and the 6 speed tranny I believe all they truely have to do is rebody the GTO and we would all be ready to smoke some stangs!
post #6 of 15 Old 03-28-2006, 04:44 AM

My thoughts...

GM cannot miss the cars 40th, its just to perfect, with all the buzz, it would shock the world once more with an intro this summer/fall as an 07.

Just because the word Camaro could not be mentioned prior to late 05, doesn't mean a near finished concept could not be sitting in a "basement" without a badge...for some time now.

Take the 2-3 potential architectures the car could have been built on, the fact that they were on paper back in 98, and the overall shape and look of the 99 GTO concept. To me, this points to at least 5 years of thought, work, and most likely production(mules).

In short, i look at it like this...take everything we know now, and push it back 2-3 years.

This is all personal speculation, i'm a nobody, i just can't see GM missing the big one, and this is definetly it!
post #7 of 15 Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 AM

What might happen is them releasing a limited run of 07 VIN cars in early 07. i don't see anything happenin any sooner than that. there is a lot of testing and certification that has to be done. even with a good concept/near ready car built, it still takes time to actually get it to market no matter what the demand is
post #8 of 15 Old 04-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Mid
Super Moderator

I hope it gets built soon.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Supporter of common sense

Even if they did slam a 2007 model year Camaro into showrooms, it could not be a 40th anniverary IMO. It would have to be successive years to be a real anniversary

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #10 of 15 Old 04-03-2006, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

I don't see 07 happening.....I think it will be a spring '08 intro as a 2009 model, like they just did with the full size SUVs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page