Goodbye Nadia... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-28-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Goodbye Nadia...

Well I was sad to let her go. But I would not have been able to give her the attention she deserves. And I know someone out there will be able to enjoy her more than I can. She was a great car. I remember when I first walked into the dealership and saw her. I turned and looked at my littler brother and first thing I said was "I'm buying this car today". That was back in March of 2012. And buying that car that day was the most amazing feeling after a car purchase I have ever had. And I still remember how I felt that day.

I also will never forget bringing her home and seeing her out there every day and knowing I had not just a cool car, but one of the coolest cars ever...and definitely the coolest car in my parking lot, lol!! Driving her around just felt soo amazing. All the looks and attention and compliments was just overwhelming in a great way. The way this car handled and accelerated and the comfort it had...at that point, I had never experienced a car like that. And I very rarely came across another person in another car that could beat me and Nadia, lol!! I could not imagine how anything could perform better. I knew there were much faster cars out there, but just that this car performed on a level that left me completely satisfied.

So I slowly started modding her. I remember joking with my buddy outside a Foodtown after he got his 370Z about how our cars need nothing and that they were fast, reliable, and it was not worth modding them and making them unreliable. But that changed. I saw no reason why I shouldn't do some tasteful bolt-ons that would make her faster but also would be safe. First was a $40 K&N air filter. Then a SLP intake tube. Next a Vararam cai. It already had a GMPP axle-back when I bought it so it didn't need an exhaust. I then went into tuners and tunes and headers and 3 inch exhaust...all the way to when I had nothing else to mod. So I considered forced induction and actually bought a used TT kit. I never installed it, rather I sold it. I chose not to go that far because I saw too many people with nice cars go that route and have engine failures...even my friend with the 370Z which was tragic and was the nail in the coffin on me selling that kit. So I learned that I could enjoy the Camaro as it was without forced induction.

Over the 5 years of me owning Nadia I didn't really have any issues. My heated seat stopped working because one of the heating elements broke. I got that fixed recently. The evap canister in the rear of the car went faulty. I had that repaired a few months ago. My rear speakers blew after installing a head unit. I replaced those. An O2 sensor went on me. So I replaced that. And that was it really. As far as maintenance, this thing was really a solid vehicle. Very easy to work on. And darn near problem free.

So over the past few months I started thinking about purchasing a vehicle that would catapult me to the next level. Again I thought about forced induction and even contacted a few companies for quotes on installation packages. But then I thought about the cost of doing that and how much money I would lose if I decided to sell it or if I wanted to trade it in. So I talked myself out of it. And that led me to trading her in for the 17 ZL1. I was happy to buy the ZL1, but I was really sad to let Nadia go. After all the memories and feelings and emotions I had with that car, it was a bit tough for me. I took a few days to get parts and return her to stock. And then I drove her one last time and remembered all those feelings again from that first test drive. And I left her at the dealership where she will be cared for.

So goodbye Nadia. I will miss you and I'll never forget you or how you made me feel. You truly were the best car I ever owned. You came at a time when I needed something to make me feel good. And made me feel like I could get anything in life if I worked hard enough for it. You got me thru Hurricane Sandy, Hurricane Irene, snow storms, bad times, heart breaks, good times, successes, and everything in between. You were the reason for me getting the Member of the Month award back in 2013. You were more than just a car to me. You were a partner in crime and something I could rely on. And not many people will understand that. But some will. Seeing you outside every day gave me confidence and assurance. And it was always comforting to know that when I walked out the door you would be right there. I will truly miss you. And I doubt that any other car will ever take your place. We all love our cars. And I loved you Nadia...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sold SS.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	51258   Click image for larger version

Name:	sold SS1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	51266   Click image for larger version

Name:	sold SS2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	51274   Click image for larger version

Name:	sold SS3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	51282  

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-28-2017, 01:58 PM
ユキヒョウ

Very nice Chapel...And you're right...most people do understand; well, this lady-gearhead and former Jersey girl understands exactly what you've written and feel about Nadia. Heck, I was right here with you and remember all the discussions here of all the mods we both did...In this case, happily, endings only mean one thing...The start of a new beginning. So now a new chapter begins with a new family member to make new memories, and Nadia will go on to give someone else a new beginning.

2019 1SS/1LE

Last edited by Nancygrl; 04-28-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page