Camaro PDR Action... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-20-2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Camaro PDR Action...

As some of you may know, the new Camaros have an option called "PDR" (Performance Data Recorder). You can use it while you are driving and it'll record speed, steering angle, and other things for you to review later. It is perfect for the track or those awesome cruises you might have with a few of your buddies. One thing tho, you have to use a specific Micro SD card for it to work properly. I bought the wrong one the first time and am out by $27. The second one I bought works perfectly right out the box. So basically you need a card that has a speed 10 rating and is either 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB. I got the rating correct but I bought a 64GB and it is too large. The 64 and larger cards are not FAT32 which is the format they need to be in to work properly. Some people have re-formatted them...and in a desperate but futile attempt to do the same, I spent an entire night downloading 3 different programs and trying to use an old Galaxy S3 phone. I'm pretty computer savvy, but not enough to figure it out. So just remember, speed rating of 10 and either 8, 16, or 32 GB and you're all set. It is also good to use in general in the case of an accident. I thought I'd like to share that info.

Oh and you can get U1 or U3 (UHS1 or UHS3). U3 is faster but more expensive. From what I've read the U1 and U3 will perform exactly the same so it isn't necessary to waste the extra money...unless you need U3 for other devices.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-01-2017, 06:31 AM

Garage
In the 5th gen? If so where is the card slot?
post #3 of 5 Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 AM
ユキヒョウ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSBruiser View Post
In the 5th gen? If so where is the card slot?

it's an option on 6th Gen....he's got a '17 ZL1, it's listed in his signature, also no mistake from his avatar picture.

2019 1SS/1LE

post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2017, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Yea it is in my 17 ZL1!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #5 of 5 Old 10-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member

and why does this not surprise me?

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page