Vote for blue colors on SS model - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about getting at least one of the blue colors on the SS
I want Imperial Blue on my SS 44 50.00%
I want Aqua Blue on my SS 19 21.59%
I am getting another color on my SS 25 28.41%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Vote for blue colors on SS model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post

Upset that we aren't offering Imperial Blue or Aqua Blue Metallic on the SS? The reason is 'deproliferation' -- meaning reduction in parts and build combinations. I don't agree with the decision - and I don't think a bunch of you do either -- so I suggest that someone start a thread about it -- keep it clean, everyone - but tell us what you think!!! We DO listen - and we are trying to get at least Imperial Blue released on the SS.......(there are color keyed parts that impact overall part counts...) You as a customer couldn't care less about part number counts -- but unfortunately we must.....

More images of these colors in real life:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showpost...48&postcount=3

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 01:56 AM

I have been dreaming of a blue Camaro V8 since high school. It was what I planned on when the 4th gen was still on sale, and its what I planned on when they announce the Camaro was coming back. My Iroc was blue and my Blazer was blue. (My 4th gen would have been if I could have found one at the time)
I was planning on putting my order in on Monday. Now I am really rethinking it. If its not going to be my dream car, I don't think its worth the hassle of being 'first.' Maybe I can wait it out until GM comes to their senses.

'02 Z28 For Sale
'10 SS/RS
post #3 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Dark Side Moderator

Well it there wont be a blue SS available this year, then I guess I can still campaign for Jinx Blue for next year.

2005 Mustang GT-4.6L 3v /M5
2.3L Whipple Intercooled, 3.25'' pulley(11psi),FRPP 62mm TB, FRPP Stinger Axleback, UPR catted X-pipe, FRPP Handling Pack, 20'' Staggered Black Steeda Spyder Wheels, NT-05 Nittos, 3.73s, Hurst Shifter, and DF Centerforce Clutch
527rwhp, 479rwtq

post #4 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 AM

I will be ordering monday(silver ice 2ss/rs), but if a white or aqua blue Z28 comes out I will need to trade up or let this order go and get the color I really wanted.
post #5 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member

Count me as one of the buyers wanting a blue SS (with white rally stripes).

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 10-11-2008 at 11:13 AM.
post #6 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 AM

I went to my dealer last night, and put down a deposit with the hopes of still getting my ABM Camaro SS... I'd even settle for IBM ... I'm hoping that GM will reconsider. I don't want to go to this dealer and cancel.
post #7 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member

Aqua Blue Metallic with Cyber Grey stripes for me. I'll wait if I have to, but can you guys (at GM) wait for all of us with this economy? You have quite a few people here on this and many other forums who have waited patiently for this new car. GM talks about doing it right, and then tells us we cannot have any color blue on the top end cars. Could I get it on the LT (which still upsets me that you use this designation instead of the "heritage" badging)? I am trying to give you $$ for the top dog and now you do not want my money - at least not right away (if ever)?

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #8 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

i have thought of a getting the darker blue but im not sure i need to see it in person. but i do agree that cutting out blue altogether is really not an option so plz reconsider.
thank you
Mason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #9 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM

Being an AF guy, I really wanted a blue camaro. Guess I will wait and see if they come out with it.
post #10 of 49 Old 10-11-2008, 02:50 PM

I had my heart set on that deep Imperial blue with white stripes...so essentially we will see a hell of alot of black and cyber gray SS maros driving around...fantastic, what a way to make a vehicle truly feel you have it personalized...but hey you can always spend 8,000 dollars for paint, or through a riced out spoiler and rims to truly have it customized...

I have been one of the few people who has been optimistic from day one, through all the pre-production rumors, but this is getting f*&#ing annoying. Why do I have to "hold off" on simple pleasures such as HUD, Back up, and a **** BLUE! I am sure most of you agree with me...this is my dream car, in fact we may not get a chance to obtain another muscle car years from now that is similiar to the camaro due to changing economy and technology. I don't think its unwarranted for me to say I want the **** car to be perfect, yet I have to wait for things that are ALREADY in circulation...not only in the auto industry...but for GM themselves. Awesome, Maybe its not JUST the economy that has you down GM.

You keep harping on production cost, costs, costs, costs...well if we keep putting things off and keep applying packages requiring you to buy the next tier model to get simple accessories you want....then I surely hope all this talk reflects on the price next year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page