The Sound... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

The Sound...

Stainless steel catback exhaust option- how loud do you think this is going to be? i want to keep it classy and keep it pretty quiet while still being able to tell its a V8 by the distant rumble (like the stock sound of GT mustangs). I know they spent countless hours on the sound but do we know if those hours went into the stock exhaust or the optional muffler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleegle41 View Post
Stainless steel catback exhaust option- how loud do you think this is going to be? i want to keep it classy and keep it pretty quiet while still being able to tell its a V8 by the distant rumble (like the stock sound of GT mustangs). I know they spent countless hours on the sound but do we know if those hours went into the stock exhaust or the optional muffler?
it should sound GREAT and i think most if not all of the work went to the stock exhaust.... i can't wait to hear it, even tho mine won't last long

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.

Last edited by tazjetman; 10-12-2008 at 10:27 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleegle41 View Post
Of course this is only a guess but I would think they spent those hours on the stock system. Only because there are people out there who dont touch there cars in any way like mod's. PLus with regulations and all they spend the time on making it sound good and loud enough for it to pass.

just my opinion I could be wrong.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

ahhhh! i hate making these ordering decisions without having anything to go on... I think im going to go with the stock exhaust. i can always change it later
post #5 of 8 Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 AM

I'm going to go with a stock exhaust. I'll change it to aftermarket later.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-13-2008, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member

its prolly not very loud think C6 Ls3 or Z ls7 loud..both are really not very loud very mellow...With what there gonna charge for a Cat back sytem id go with stock and add your own stuff.

'Winning'
post #7 of 8 Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

I will prob be doing some bolt on's pretty soon including LT's and i know that better flow= better power when it comes to the muffler but i dont want an aftermarket sound at all. Does anyone make a very quiet muffler that gives the performance of a loud, less baffled one?
post #8 of 8 Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM

Well, that's the thing.. You're wanting a baffled muffler, that is less baffled. Kind of defeats the purpose, no? I haven't really been able to find a 'quiet' exhaust set-up. If you want something that isn't too snarky, just order the GM aftermarket one, and call it good. They have to go by federal noise regulation, so you know it won't be TOO loud.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page