Tried to order today! !@#$%^ - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Tried to order today! [email protected]#$%^

Yes I tried...

went to the Melbourne Chevrolet in Melbourne FL around 11am - sat down with the manager and asked me what I wanted.. I said 2SS/RS with Inferno orange interior accent and the short throw shifter.

then it gets interesting... he looked me right in the eye and said pricing was not yet available.. I didn't say a word. He then tells me he is alloted 8 camaros. Then the deal breaker - manager said the dealership will be charging $5k over MSRP. I smirked (very dissapointed) and said not sure if he/dealership knew market conditions, but it's a buyers market - that I've been on message boards for over a year and dealers are selling at MSRP. I said $5k over is a deal breaker, and I would buy from another dealer or have it drop shipped. Then I walked out..

I'm not happy! been stopping in this dealership for almost a year asking about the camaro. Then they pull this *****. oh well.. I will look elsewhere.

congrats to those who were successful in ordering today! I had no such luck!

PAST RIDE: 1991 5.0 Notch 306 ci aluminum heads vortech S trim kenny brown level 5 suspension 4 wheel disk Baer brakes - 450 rwhp

Last edited by geerhed; 10-13-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Sorry to hear the dude
post #3 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member

try other dealers...I'm sure in FL, there would be a lot of allocation. I've been #2 on a list at a dealer for a while, well they found out that they're only getting 2...and someone not on the list offered $1000 over MSRP...so I'm SOL. I contacted other dealers in the area and found some not marking up...although no one seems to know what their allocation is yet.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

post #4 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 PM

Call Suburban Chevy, Stuart FL, less than 2 hours south of you.

I believe they might have 1 or to orders to fill. I was just in there, but the system was down for ordering, they are calling back as soon as they can place the order.

$500 down, MSRP no mark ups, is what I have been reassured.
post #5 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

I have a call in to Bob Steele Chevrolet in Cocoa. waiting for them to call me back. if I dont have any luck there I will go to Suburban in Stuart. thx!

PAST RIDE: 1991 5.0 Notch 306 ci aluminum heads vortech S trim kenny brown level 5 suspension 4 wheel disk Baer brakes - 450 rwhp
post #6 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
SS-Eric

If you don't mind TX we have 52 orders left to fill! MSRP, no adds, no mark-ups! $500 down gets you one!

SS-ERIC
post #7 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Ok so I went to Lucas Chevrolet in Central New Jersey to order my camaro today. 1SS/RS with Boston Speakers, Sunroof, and 20" Polished Aluminum wheels. I get directed to the GM and I pull out the Camaro Workbook, the price list, and a word doc with everything I want to include package numbers. The conversation starts out slowly and I think he is a little rattled when he saw me pull out all this paperwork (my wife is of the same opinion). Clearly he does not know much about Camaro production or numbers and seems to stumble a little. As I am talking I notice a small group of salesmen gathered around us which I had to kind of smile about. So I start with the first and most important question in my book:

Q: "What is your policy on MSRP?"

A: A lot of uhmmm, yeah, see, blah blah blah but finally I got to -- we stay as close as possible to MSRP, maybe $500 to $1000 over but we recognize the importance of returning customers (which I am).

My interpretation: Knowing that I am a returning customer, I feel confident he is not going to try to stiff me.

The GM starts to talk about "distribution" numbers which I assume he is talking about allocation. He does not know what his distribution is going to be and one of the salesmen chimes in on the subject. This salesmen has a customer who is looking to get the Camaro as well. He starts talking about "distribution" and seems to be more knowledgeable about the Camaro than anyone else standing around me. He talks about the early order program and all the basic details that have been discussed on this forum. Suddenly, the GM says we are in good standing with GM and would expect to get a good "distribution" number but will probably not know for sure for a month or two....possibly end of January. I remained silent.

The GM says we really don't have prices but we can take your order to which he provides me a copy of an email showing the base prices of the LS & RS. I believe I have seen the same email on the forum.

At the end, he says he will take my order even though he doesn't have a price listing of the different packages yet and that the ordering system should be ready to accept the orders with all pertinent information required by Thursday.

At this point I am a little concerned about the "distribution" discussion so ask him about a deposit. Requires $500 which I thought was reasonable. I gave them my deposit and on Thursday the salesman is going to notify me that it was in the system. I specifically asked that I receive a "customer order number" which he says will not be a problem.

Thoughts on this?

Last edited by Wolvescp; 10-13-2008 at 02:16 PM.
post #8 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

i just heard back from another dealer...MSRP, but they want a $5K deposit. (no credit cards).

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
i just heard back from another dealer...MSRP, but they want a $5K deposit. (no credit cards).

Walk away, run even...$500 is more than plenty.
post #10 of 26 Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
SS-Eric

$500 (refundable) is what we are asking. So of course I think it's fair. Here is the info on the pricing... GM's Auotobook ordering software does not officially have pricing on it. Gm does have pricing on its build site though, so they should be able to tell you pricing. Anything over MSRP... Run, run, run!

SS-ERIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page